• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Pokemon Nest: Hand made from fresh.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think you're all over the place, jamezila. Start with one bit at a time. I see that your website layout is done (it's unique, good job :)), but the one thing I suggest you do is design a rail plan on what you will do, and how you will do it, and follow the plan. For instance, when I was developing my RPG, the first thing I did was get a layout done, after I programmed the registration/log in system, and after that I kept moving in small steps. I see that you're not familiar with PHP, so starting an RPG may be a hard thing to do at first, and you will have problems in the future, and because of your inexperience in PHP, you might dislike PHP all together and stop learning it completely. Start small, and work your way on to bigger things. You're site layout seems to be done, try going for a log in/registration system.

Here's a video on how to program a log in/registration system:

Make yourself a plan, and as always you can PM me with questions and I'll be glad to push you in the right direction.

Thats because people instantly dont understand it OR they think: "Well it works, why wasting time converting to mysqli"

You shouldn't use MySQLi, PDO over it any day.

that is what I use.

You're not doing a bad thing, actually. It's a good start (you're learning how to extract/insert into a table), but it's a rather old method. If I were you, I learn PDO. The method you're using can be effective, but it takes work. It's safe if you make it safe, but you should always go with PDO.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think you're all over the place, jamezila. Start with one bit at a time. I see that your website layout is done (it's unique, good job :)), but the one thing I suggest you do is design a rail plan on what you will do, and how you will do it, and follow the plan. For instance, when I was developing my RPG, the first thing I did was get a layout done, after I programmed the registration/log in system, and after that I kept moving in small steps. I see that you're not familiar with PHP, so starting an RPG may be a hard thing to do at first, and you will have problems in the future, and because of your inexperience in PHP, you might dislike PHP all together and stop learning it completely. Start small, and work your way on to bigger things. You're site layout seems to be done, try going for a log in/registration system.

Here's a video on how to program a log in/registration system:

Make yourself a plan, and as always you can PM me with questions and I'll be glad to push you in the right direction.

You shouldn't use MySQLi, PDO over it any day.

You're not doing a bad thing, actually. It's a good start (you're learning how to extract/insert into a table), but it's a rather old method. If I were you, I learn PDO. The method you're using can be effective, but it takes work. It's safe if you make it safe, but you should always go with PDO.
Thank you for the insight, I will try my best in sticking to the plan... and learning php to the best

Back