• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Possible to edit china client?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to edit the china XKX client to run on the USA server? I want to use the Chinese maps on my server, i can add them to my server and USA client but ive bean having problems like the .Nav files don't wanna work and the portals for each map don't work as well as xZoneserver saying something like Src something for each map. I also noticed that some maps wont open. oh and before i forget when trying to use the xkx patcher with your update file it nulls the update by putting server name wok and everything else blank, Is there away to get rid of that?

Now a friend told me that a person named psaibon omg i spelled your name wrong sorry man i cant spell your name (I will r-edit this post when i get the name again ) had a posted on ragezone saying how to edit the zone server to accept the china maps with their respective codes but the post is long gone.

So can anyone recreate any posts on how do any of that or what to edit to make the client work?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The main problem with doing this is that the map names are in chinese and the entries for portal locations and map names they connect too are different and also names are in chinese, making them hard to find for most people within the code, also I don't know if you've seen the xKx maps but they are very linear, usually just a single path from one place to the next with a few mobs on the side of the road, quite boring to be honest.

The CRC error you get on the zone server is due to the entries in the maplist.csv file within the attrib folder, it uses the numerical entries in column D as a check-sum to confirm the map your character is on by storing this check-sum in the MySQL database, the check-sums for the chinese map and the english ones are quite different so you need to replace all these entries to match the chinese check-sums.

another issue with moving things from xKx to the english client is that many texture and file names in xKx are written in chinese, which the US client can not read, so you would have to first translate the file names and rename them, and then find any places in the code these names are stored and change them to match also so they can be read by the client.

To finish it up, migrating xKx content to the US client is a lot of work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well he knew part of what u said. guess the only option is to get our hands on their server files :thumbup:

Back