Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Priston History, what is your?

Reaction score
Hello everyone, long time since I last posted something here =) Today, I want to bring back some memories that made this game wonderful for us.

Can you share some funny, interesting, crazy stories about Priston that you've experienced? Let's savor some of that nostalgia.

Let's establish a simple rule first: do not offend anyone when you post, let's keep it nice.

Let me start:

I remember playing on the official BPT server around 2005-2008 When private servers did not yet exist., and you could even change from full screen mode. So, the community, with some HARD work, was able to build an emulator to send some packages and bring up a 'login' server (that was built on VB6). The security system of the game was GameGuard, and the server side was so poor that it allowed you to connect to the server with that "proxy." The way they did it at the time was something like this: you created a local server with the IP 127, then pointed to the official game server IP once you passed to login, but you needed to first create a local account with the same account you had in the game. The real magic is that the 'local' server accepted you to use a special GM client, with some local commands...

Priston didn't have much at the time, you couldn't go to Iron 1 yet, the client did have all the files from kpt... Well, some people discovered it and used it to crash everyone... They just used the "mymodel" command to change the skin to some monster... (/mymodel .../deathknight.inx), whoever used this command pasted some files from the KPT and had this model, but everyone else did not... Well... wherever this "hack" went, they caused people to load that model and crash the game... I remember calling the BPT center (they had a phone number 24h at that time) to report this hack many times... I think they were able to find out what was happening and sent the death knight folder to everyone... The real fix for the login "authentication," as we know today, came about one year later. "Don't worry about this hack, it does nothing, they just appear as monsters that will not harm you," they said on the phone...

That's my story for today, I have some more for you guys... and I hope to read some of yours...

Here's a hint for everyone... I THINK... many of the stories that will appear here can be 'used' today... So, it's a very nice contribution to the community in many different ways.

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know exactly when I started, probably around 2007 or so. But one of my greatest memories was when some people started adding lv 150 to their game. At that time, level max was 120 only. It was funny, if you had lv 150 at that time, sir you were a GOD !

Not to mention the famous Phoenix Pet bug...

I made good friends in this world whilst still making "enemies". That's my only regret. Maybe too much arrogance, but we were all very young, we learn things while growing up.

I just turned 30 the other day and still can't forget about this place and the game, even though I don't "priston code" in years.

Reaction score
i have one more history for today:

The year is 2014, the server hype is at its peak. There are no source leaks, the only development is by ASM or similar; the most beautiful server is rPT by Sandurr;
no one talks about tier 5 yet... There are a lot of bugs going on with files... premium items don't work, not saved, force crash servers... and many leaks occur every day from the community... myself included =...);
the most annoying bug is the string overload... the server does not verify the length of any string, so, if you send a login package with more than 16 characters (if I remember right), the server crashes due to overbuff...
I was, at the time, one of the few developers of ASM, and I made many mistakes... every time I trusted someone in the community, I got bait =/ so, it was frustrating to see all my work, many hours of work, just sent away with no credit or any thanks, and people using my work to make money =/
Well, I had to do something about it... then I created a monster:

1706533738885 - Priston History, what is your? - RaGEZONE Forums

Maybe this is not familiar to you, but I know, if you have a Priston server, you have been annoyed by this. The Bummmm, that sends ANY kind of package to the server...
I had to take them down...
It's a mixed system that sends an overload of connections, with authenticated packages, and can be configured to send any specific package, the "bomba," in this case, is just a login package with more than 20 characters...
I tested, and it works just fine, with one click I can crash the remote server that was using my leak... there is no clue left behind...
I used it for an entire month, and saw the community go crasy, saying the files were so buggy that they couldn't even stay online.
Then... I made the same mistake I always do... I sent it to ONE, just one, old friend who worked with me before... well... 12 hours later, I saw it was being used as never before... A few moments passed and the fix showed up...

For me, being a developer of Priston was always a loop, always seeking the leaks, always thinking about what the game needs next??

The gift for the community today is this:
-the game TODAY accepts any package you can send it... I can send a package with my... full inventory and the game will save it as if it made it itself... (needs to update a few checksums but...)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Good times :D

No idea when I started, early 2000's was on eng.pristontale.com
Mate asked me to play, so I did.
Started a prs was pretty fun, then I came across this super creepy witch called Egan.
1 hit KO'd me.
Alt-F4'd the game.

Logged back on later, this time had my mate as backup, he played mgs, he decimated Egan!

Cut forward a few years I'm a rock prs in Forgotten Land power leveling all the noobs :D

I Also remember losing my prs one faitful night. Forgot to clear my exp before setting up autoing over night for the clan.
Woke up to lvl 40 :eek:
Back when it was free to play 1-39. I was young, had no way to pay.

RIP SunGirl
2004-10-30-3-14-54 - Priston History, what is your? - RaGEZONE Forums

Quickly replaced with BlueLightning :ROFLMAO:

2005-3-12-0-17-54 - Priston History, what is your? - RaGEZONE Forums

And my OG auto clicker made from a flashing LED light a photoresistor and an old mouse.

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well,

my "time" in Priston started around 2008. I began playing because my brother always talked about this little game called "PT." I remember creating a knight and starting to level up (without knowing about quests or anything like that). I recall an 8x pike helping me go to Ricarten (through something called "Ether Core" xD).

I was amazed; my brothers played, my cousins played, everyone played...

A year later, I discovered the world of cheats. I cheated with "PTKfir" and "PTBrazil" or something like that. I continued playing for a long time until I decided to venture into creating a cheat without knowing anything about programming...

I started visiting a forum called "WebCheats," where I met people (many of whom I still have contact with today, D4rkWeaver, lipinf, Doug...). I experienced highs and lows in this new world, and consequently, I would get to know the famous Renaissance (Sjoerd), who soon after partnered with Sandurr. It went into maintenance for a long time to become UniquePT. During that time, I played a lot of RealmPT (Sandurr again... I won't mention anything about Redemption since I didn't have the pleasure of playing it. When I started, it was already Renaissance and Realm (2010+)). I made some cheats there (I know he'll read this, so yes, S., I created the FaragoT RealmPT =)). We founded MhPT (me, lipinf, Doug, and PSOB), a Priston cheat forum, but I left the project early. It was crucial, I believe. I learned a lot about the game and its issues. Thank you, D4rk and Lipinf, for having the patience to teach a kid who knew nothing. In the end, it helped me a lot... (Xtrap, the first anticheat where we wasted time for sure) (Specially thanks to Lipinf suggesting me to change my nickname to just "Prog" instead of "-Programmer-" xD)

In 2011, I met MIBR (Made in Brazil forum...), where my love for the game deepened even more because now I could create servers (Thanks, D-kin. I remember getting D-kin's contact and thanking him for the experience he provided years later ^^'). I met some people there, like Slave (who would later co-found FortressPT, I'll tell you about it soon), GH, Razor, MaquinaDaMorte (special thanks to him; he taught me Assembly and even made me buy a book about it hehe), Dan (we didn't get along), Robert (my future mentor, like an older brother), Sheen (we also didn't get along, but that's in the past), japaokiko (aka microamazing, who created this topic, by the way; we even met in person, remember? :), and, we created an early emulator ahaha), wolgan... well, many nicknames, I mentioned the ones I spent the most time with!

In early 2013, Slave invited me to be a GM at RealmPT, where I stayed until the end of 2013. There I met my business partner and friend from FortressPT, Cackto. When Sandurr and Cackto had a disagreement about things happening in Realm, which led Cackto to do some things, Sandurr kicked everyone from the staff and banned me forever. That was around October 2013, I think...

With that, a flame ignited there. Slave and Gogg (ex-mod rPT at the time) convinced me to create FortressPT. We started working on the idea from early 2014 until July 2015, just working and developing (without knowing what to expect in the future)... I remember that in November 2014, I created the fPT forum, and we voted every day on xtremetop100 until one day, out of nowhere, people started showing up on the forum and asking about the game.

On July 7, 2015, officially, fPT was open for everyone to play, and there my rise (and fall) began. I invested money for a year without seeing profit (which initially was never the goal; I always dreamed of having many players, and the server paying for itself only).

In 2016, it exploded. Many players, sleepless nights to bring everything as quickly as possible; it was what I always wanted, but there were consequences... I met a woman who, for me, was one of the people who made me happy amid the chaos. (Thank you, A... I won't mention the name here because it was someone I fell in love with, and I prefer to leave it like that.)

From that year on, 2017, RealmPT closed, players from bPT and rPT coming... Daily threats by phone, my mom worried, forum attacks (what money can't do... I remember someone in a Darkweb forum I participated in paying for a hacking service that used a 0-day exploit in the fPT forum), which led to my second burnout (the first was at the end of 2016, with no money, it was tough), and consequently, depression... In 2018, I didn't see as much magic, which was something I loved. I only saw money and nothing more; the excitement faded somewhere in late 2017... fPT closed.

In November 2018, I would come back with RegnumPT, new staff with Zaryad and Thor (Cackto and Slave decided to move on with their lives). Everything was beautiful and wonderful; Zaryad and Thor knew almost nothing about the server, but with dedication and persistence, they became great people in this business... Depression was somewhere there, but it wasn't as important. I was restarting something different. Zaryad learned a lot about 3D; we had something new every 15 days, and Thor was incredible as staff, only he could handle so much pressure.

2019 passed, problems but normal. 2020... Everything came like a loaded bullet, attacks from all sides, the discovery of a health problem in my mom, which gave her one year to live... By the end of 2020, I couldn't take it anymore. My mom was sick, visibly weakened; she could walk for 2 minutes and then lie down for 10.

I decided to abandon everything, take care of her, take a different path. Officially, I left rPT at the end of January 2021... In March 2021, my mom passed away. I distanced myself from everything, fell into deep depression, drank every day (even tripled my cigarette use)...

In almost 6 months, I managed to rise again, went back to work, did some jobs for PTEU, returned to rPT (this was madness). Chaos ended up taking over the server; Sandurr banned me again (even though I had contacted him months earlier, I needed money and wanted to be part of Wartale, but it was just promises... I understand his point; trusting would be difficult, but I always had ethics in work matters, and even if I left, I would delete everything, anyway...)

Today, I am completely free. Sometimes, someone in my personal circle still mentions Priston. I sometimes come here in the hope of seeing someone from the old days (bobsobol, Telatoro, Vormav, microamazing...), but for me, it was a cycle that passed. I only enter if it's something I like; I share my knowledge and leave, nothing more...

Reaction score
jvfl What a history!!! ofcourse i remember you, and i remember what i told you on that day!

The year is 2016, many people are tuned into the development, but few are making progress on the game. The game is not fully discovered yet (even today, we still find some things), and while grinding through some codes, I found a really interesting one...

I searched for the shutdown command and discovered there are four ways to initiate it:
1) Clicking on the shutdown button
2) When the scheduled shutdown time is reached
3) Using the /shutdown command
4) ...with some package?!?! LOL

Wait... there's no way that's real... if you're interested in it, search for "smTRANSCODE_OPENLIVE" in the source or just "100438." (This code is probably active on your server right now... If you didn't find it on your server, it's almost certain that you have some of my fixes)
1706788743776 - Priston History, what is your? - RaGEZONE Forums

I used my own BUMMMMM!!! to throw this out, and with just a click, I was able to initiate a shutdown on the server... I tested it... and OMG, I logged into the official BPT and... "they can't have it... right?" Well... I pressed the button... the chat showed the message... and here we go =D That was so funny, and a few days later, when BC is going on, I tried it again =x... and yeah, it was working =P

I decided that it was too powerful a tool to mess with, and just threw it away... the challenge is to find the way, not use it, to prove I can do it... there's no real advantage to it... I keep diving deep into the ASM code and there are more things to find in it.

The gift for the community today is this:
- There is more in the code than we'd like to have.

I've contemplated whether or not to share this, but I think it's time for Priston Tale to move forward... For some people, what I'm about to say might ruin some things and will definitely impact the work of developers here.

We're still in 2016, and many discoveries have been made regarding what the server and client do... I developed an entirely new system to indicate when evasion/defense/block is achieved and to display some damage on top of characters (I saw something similar on the official server some years later). Due to this, I was able to see how things work in that regard, and to my surprise, the game blindly trusts the client...

Oh yeah... maybe you're thinking about this now, but hear me out... the game was never designed to be minimized, never built to not have an anti-hack, and never had a real online security system. Many "new" engines use the client just to "show" some values but never really do anything with them... because you can hack it. Who hasn't seen some speed hack in the game? Just open the cheat engine and adjust the walk speed...

Well, Priston has this flaw in all of its code:
[Client] <------- Information ------> [Server]

"But when I change my attack damage, I get disconnected or it doesn't work," you say... First of all, it works; second, you're doing it wrong... You need to think that Priston Tale send chunks of information, where the server processes some of it, and the client processes a lot of it... you just need to find what you need to change...

In that year, I found that the real "defense" value is mutable in real-time and is calculated only by the proxy clients connected to each other:
[Client] <----- Information -----> [Client]
The server just passes the information with no check, nothing... and fully trusts it. The defense in Priston Tale is a % chance to trigger a [Defense] flag, which uses a few values such as your level, your defense, attack rating, your target's defense, level... then it does some calculations and gives you a number between 0-100. So, the game just picks a random number; if it's higher than the calculation, the GAME NEGATES THE DAMAGE and shows [Defense].

I think I've got you on that... the GAME does it, YES! And it goes with every piece of information... the game does item checksums, the game does damage calculation...

Well, armed with this information, I went to run some tests... "If I check if one value is higher than the other, then I make a comparison and do a jump on it"... when I found it, I just changed a "JE" to "NOP," 1 BYTE, I changed a "74" to a "90," and it was online... I proc defense on EVERY hit, every skill the game throws at me... the "god mod" fully working on the client side, no logs, no trace.

It works today on every Priston server, even the "official" ones...

I've kept this information with me for a long time, but it's time to let it go... I hope today's developers work to fix the game; it will require an entire overhaul of the communication system for client<server>client, the chunks, and the client itself.

Attachments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
出色地,

我在普里斯顿的“时光”大约从2008年开始。我开始玩是因为我哥哥总是谈论这个叫做“PT”的小游戏。我记得创建了一个骑士并开始升级(不知道任务或类似的事情)。我记得有一个 8x pike 帮助我去 Ricarten(通过一个叫做“以太核心”的东西 xD)。

我惊叹了; 我的兄弟们玩,我的堂兄弟们玩,每个人都玩......

一年后,我发现了作弊的世界。我用“PTKfir”和“PTBrazil”或类似的东西作弊。我继续玩了很长时间,直到我决定在对编程一无所知的情况下冒险创建一个作弊程序......

我开始访问一个名为“WebCheats”的论坛,在那里我遇到了一些人(其中许多人至今我仍然有联系,D4rkWeaver、lipinf、Doug...)。我在这个新世界经历了高潮和低谷,因此,我认识了著名的文艺复兴(Sjoerd),他很快就与桑德尔合作。它经历了很长时间的维护才成为UniquePT。那段时间,我玩了很多RealmPT(又是Sandurr...我就不提Redemption了,因为我没有玩它的乐趣。当我开始时,已经是Renaissance和Realm(2010+) )。我在那里做了一些作弊(我知道他会读到这篇文章,所以是的,S.,我创建了 FaragoT RealmPT =))。我们创立了 MhPT(我、lipinf、Doug 和 PSOB),一个 Priston 作弊论坛,但我提前离开了该项目。我相信这至关重要。我学到了很多关于游戏及其问题的知识。谢谢D4rk和Lipinf,有耐心教导一个什么都不会的孩子。最后,它对我帮助很大......(Xtrap,我们肯定浪费时间的第一个反作弊)(特别感谢 Lipinf 建议我将我的昵称更改为“Prog”而不是“-Programmer-”xD)

2011年,我遇到了MIBR(巴西制造论坛...),在那里我对游戏的热爱更加加深,因为现在我可以创建服务器(谢谢D-kin。我记得联系了D-kin并感谢他的帮助)多年后他提供的经验^^')。我在那里遇到了一些人,比如 Slave(他后来共同创立了 FortressPT,我很快就会告诉你)、GH、Razor、MaquinaDaMorte(特别感谢他;他教了我汇编,甚至让我买了一本关于汇编的书)嘿嘿)、Dan(我们合不来)、Robert(我未来的导师,就像一个哥哥)、Sheen(我们也合不来,但那是过去的事了)、japaokiko(又名 microamazing,他创造了这个话题,顺便说一句;我们甚至亲自见过面,还记得吗?:),而且,我们创建了一个早期的模拟器啊哈哈),wolgan...好吧,很多昵称,

2013年初,Slave邀请我担任RealmPT的GM,并在那里工作到2013年底发生。在那里我遇到了我的商业伙伴和来自FortressPT的朋友Cackto。当Sandurr和Cackto对Realm中的事情产生中断,导致Cackto做了一些事情的时候,桑德尔把所有权踢足工作人员并永远禁止我。我想那是在2013年10月左右。

接下来是,那里燃起了一团火焰。奴隶和戈格(当时的前mod rPT)促使我创建了FortressPT。我们从2014年初开始研究这个想法,一直到2015年7月,只是工作和开发(不知道未来会发生什么)...我记得在2014年11月,我创建了fPT论坛,我们每天都在xtremetop100上投票直到有一天,突然之间,人们开始出现在论坛上并询问有关该游戏的信息。

2015年7月7日,fPT正式开放给大家玩,我一直以来的崛起(和衰落)削弱开始。我投入了一年的钱却没有看到利润(最初这从来都不是目标;我梦想着拥有很多玩家,而服务器只为自己付费)。

2016年,它爆发了。许多玩家废寝忘食地想加快把一切都带来;这是我一直想要的,但也有后果……我遇到了一个女人,对我来说,她在混乱中让我快乐的人之一。(谢谢你,A...我不会在这里提到这个名字,因为这是我爱的一个人,我渴望就这样留下。)

从那一年,2017年,RealmPT关闭了,bPT和rPT的玩家来了...每天电话威胁,我妈妈担心,论坛攻击(钱做不到的...我记得我参加过的一个暗网论坛上有人因为使用fPT论坛中的0day漏洞的黑客服务付费),这导致了我的第二次倦怠(第一次是在2016年底,没有钱,很艰难),因此,抑郁...... 2018年,我没有看到那么多魔法,而这是我最喜欢的。我只有钱,没有别的;2017年底,这种兴奋感逐渐消退……fPT关闭了。

2018 年 11 月,我带着 RegnumPT 回来了,新员工包括 Zaryad 和 Thor(Cackto 和 Slave 决定继续他们的生活)。一切都是美丽而美妙的;Zaryad 和 Thor 对服务器几乎毫无相似之处,但依靠奉献坚持不懈,成为这个行业的伟人……抑郁症确实存在,但并不那么重要。我正在重新开始一些不同的事情。Zaryad 学到了很多关于 3D 的知识;我们每 15 天就会推出一些新的东西,雷神作为员工非常出色,只有他能承受这么大的压力。

2019年过去了,有问题但很正常。2020年……一切都像一颗颗上膛的子弹,来自四面八方的攻击,我妈妈发现了健康问题,尾巴下一年的生命……到了2020年底,我再也无法忍受了。我妈妈病了,身体明显虚弱;她可以步行2分钟,然后躺下10分钟。

我决定放弃一切,照顾她,走一条不同的路。正式地,我于2021年1月底离开了rPT……2021年3月,我妈妈去世了。我远离一切,深陷的抑郁,每天饮酒(甚至把烟的用量增加了一倍)……

在差不多6个月的时间里,我再次站起来,回到工作岗位,因为PTEU做了一些工作,然后又回到了rPT(这太疯狂了)。最终占领了服务器;Sandurr禁止了我(尽管我几个月前就联系过他,我需要钱并且想成为 Wartale 的一部分,但这只是承诺……我理解他的观点;信任会很困难,但我在工作中总是有道德规范很重要的是,即使我离开,我也删除所有内容,无论如何……)

今天,我彻底自由了。有时,我的个人圈子里仍然有人提到普里斯顿。有时我希望能见到旧时代的某个人(bobsobol、Telatoro、Vormav、microamazing...),但对我来说,这是一个过去的循环。只有我喜欢的事情我才会参加;我分享我的知识然后离开,仅此而已……
I was moved by your story and I appreciate all the effort you have put into the pristontale. Life is always challenging, but we just need to keep moving forward, brother.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
played this game since 2005 up until now to its latest update the mobile version "Pristontale Mobile" the new version is kinda different but still hits the nostalgic part, glad to see the game is still alive

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well,

my "time" in Priston started around 2008. I began playing because my brother always talked about this little game called "PT." I remember creating a knight and starting to level up (without knowing about quests or anything like that). I recall an 8x pike helping me go to Ricarten (through something called "Ether Core" xD).

I was amazed; my brothers played, my cousins played, everyone played...

A year later, I discovered the world of cheats. I cheated with "PTKfir" and "PTBrazil" or something like that. I continued playing for a long time until I decided to venture into creating a cheat without knowing anything about programming...

I started visiting a forum called "WebCheats," where I met people (many of whom I still have contact with today, D4rkWeaver, lipinf, Doug...). I experienced highs and lows in this new world, and consequently, I would get to know the famous Renaissance (Sjoerd), who soon after partnered with Sandurr. It went into maintenance for a long time to become UniquePT. During that time, I played a lot of RealmPT (Sandurr again... I won't mention anything about Redemption since I didn't have the pleasure of playing it. When I started, it was already Renaissance and Realm (2010+)). I made some cheats there (I know he'll read this, so yes, S., I created the FaragoT RealmPT =)). We founded MhPT (me, lipinf, Doug, and PSOB), a Priston cheat forum, but I left the project early. It was crucial, I believe. I learned a lot about the game and its issues. Thank you, D4rk and Lipinf, for having the patience to teach a kid who knew nothing. In the end, it helped me a lot... (Xtrap, the first anticheat where we wasted time for sure) (Specially thanks to Lipinf suggesting me to change my nickname to just "Prog" instead of "-Programmer-" xD)

In 2011, I met MIBR (Made in Brazil forum...), where my love for the game deepened even more because now I could create servers (Thanks, D-kin. I remember getting D-kin's contact and thanking him for the experience he provided years later ^^'). I met some people there, like Slave (who would later co-found FortressPT, I'll tell you about it soon), GH, Razor, MaquinaDaMorte (special thanks to him; he taught me Assembly and even made me buy a book about it hehe), Dan (we didn't get along), Robert (my future mentor, like an older brother), Sheen (we also didn't get along, but that's in the past), japaokiko (aka microamazing, who created this topic, by the way; we even met in person, remember? :), and, we created an early emulator ahaha), wolgan... well, many nicknames, I mentioned the ones I spent the most time with!

In early 2013, Slave invited me to be a GM at RealmPT, where I stayed until the end of 2013. There I met my business partner and friend from FortressPT, Cackto. When Sandurr and Cackto had a disagreement about things happening in Realm, which led Cackto to do some things, Sandurr kicked everyone from the staff and banned me forever. That was around October 2013, I think...

With that, a flame ignited there. Slave and Gogg (ex-mod rPT at the time) convinced me to create FortressPT. We started working on the idea from early 2014 until July 2015, just working and developing (without knowing what to expect in the future)... I remember that in November 2014, I created the fPT forum, and we voted every day on xtremetop100 until one day, out of nowhere, people started showing up on the forum and asking about the game.

On July 7, 2015, officially, fPT was open for everyone to play, and there my rise (and fall) began. I invested money for a year without seeing profit (which initially was never the goal; I always dreamed of having many players, and the server paying for itself only).

In 2016, it exploded. Many players, sleepless nights to bring everything as quickly as possible; it was what I always wanted, but there were consequences... I met a woman who, for me, was one of the people who made me happy amid the chaos. (Thank you, A... I won't mention the name here because it was someone I fell in love with, and I prefer to leave it like that.)

From that year on, 2017, RealmPT closed, players from bPT and rPT coming... Daily threats by phone, my mom worried, forum attacks (what money can't do... I remember someone in a Darkweb forum I participated in paying for a hacking service that used a 0-day exploit in the fPT forum), which led to my second burnout (the first was at the end of 2016, with no money, it was tough), and consequently, depression... In 2018, I didn't see as much magic, which was something I loved. I only saw money and nothing more; the excitement faded somewhere in late 2017... fPT closed.

In November 2018, I would come back with RegnumPT, new staff with Zaryad and Thor (Cackto and Slave decided to move on with their lives). Everything was beautiful and wonderful; Zaryad and Thor knew almost nothing about the server, but with dedication and persistence, they became great people in this business... Depression was somewhere there, but it wasn't as important. I was restarting something different. Zaryad learned a lot about 3D; we had something new every 15 days, and Thor was incredible as staff, only he could handle so much pressure.

2019 passed, problems but normal. 2020... Everything came like a loaded bullet, attacks from all sides, the discovery of a health problem in my mom, which gave her one year to live... By the end of 2020, I couldn't take it anymore. My mom was sick, visibly weakened; she could walk for 2 minutes and then lie down for 10.

I decided to abandon everything, take care of her, take a different path. Officially, I left rPT at the end of January 2021... In March 2021, my mom passed away. I distanced myself from everything, fell into deep depression, drank every day (even tripled my cigarette use)...

In almost 6 months, I managed to rise again, went back to work, did some jobs for PTEU, returned to rPT (this was madness). Chaos ended up taking over the server; Sandurr banned me again (even though I had contacted him months earlier, I needed money and wanted to be part of Wartale, but it was just promises... I understand his point; trusting would be difficult, but I always had ethics in work matters, and even if I left, I would delete everything, anyway...)

Today, I am completely free. Sometimes, someone in my personal circle still mentions Priston. I sometimes come here in the hope of seeing someone from the old days (bobsobol, Telatoro, Vormav, microamazing...), but for me, it was a cycle that passed. I only enter if it's something I like; I share my knowledge and leave, nothing more...
Good read, considering I was playing those servers myself.

I remember I was waiting to play FortressPT, but I had a trip to Australia scheduled since long time ago, so the server launch was exactly on the same day as I arrived in Australia. But I still managed to "waste" a week on your server back then and then focused on my actual trip haha.

But my favorite server of all time has to be UniquePT at its peak, it had the spark.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have set up many private servers, and then this game has developed very strongly in mainland China, even more powerful than some aspects of Brazilian servers! This has created many historical achievements and the most profitable games in China! As a player, my teenage child secretly slipped out of the house at 2 am to play games on the Internet cafe. The door could not be closed, otherwise I could not enter the house, so one week later, I was returned home at five in the morning and was returned home at five in the morning. Mom and dad caught, can you imagine? Intersection

My video

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have set up many private servers, and then this game has developed very strongly in mainland China, even more powerful than some aspects of Brazilian servers! This has created many historical achievements and the most profitable games in China! As a player, my teenage child secretly slipped out of the house at 2 am to play games on the Internet cafe. The door could not be closed, otherwise I could not enter the house, so one week later, I was returned home at five in the morning and was returned home at five in the morning. Mom and dad caught, can you imagine? Intersection
Oh my God, what a coincidence! In 2002, the official server was opened, and this surprise, novelty, and fantasy gift brought me an unparalleled high school experience. The difference is that I wasn't caught by my parents, but because I had to sleep for the first two classes of the day or even the whole morning. Those nights were so crazy that my character level was increased by more than a dozen levels, and I was given a piece of top-notch archer special effect armor, which was almost equivalent to graduation armor. Then, the advent of superweapons and the disappearance of 100,000 accounts became pipe dreams.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My story is quite a newer one compared to most of the people here.

Introduced to Priston tale probably about 15 years ago by my cousin, I slowly start playing in the following years, what included me being motivated to learn english and understand what others would say. Around 2014 was when I reached the most playing time, in Realm PT. Back on the time, I was a EnemieZ clan member, one of the leader clans of Realm. Played for a good time, after switching for Fortress PT. Also played a bit of Regnum PT, but that was quite a short time.

Although I never coded anything, in ~2016 I spent around 2 months without a job and doing some PT ASM edits following some tutorials from the internet.
The cool part starts around 4 years ago,after always admiring what Jvfl and Slave achieved in FPT and in general, I saw the source code was available and started looking into how to compile and edit my own PT game. From around 4y to 3y ago I spent quite few time in the code, just in my spare time and doing plenty of poop stuff, changing fonts, alignments and etc. One day I contacted GodFather for us to work in a project together, at that point, where he had a good amount of knowledge more than me, I started evolving, with him more than anything showing me what was achievable in coding and how with dedication we could arrive at a better state.

Fast forward to now, I am the main dev for PTEU, which has around 300 unique players per day, making PT my 'main job'. I also joined Regnum PT from Jvfl after his departure as Chaos had no one to put as a dev. At this server I joined as a owner.
In the past year, I spent 1700hrs coding Priston Tale, the year before, probably around 1400, this year I probably look to 2000hrs+. This means that I know probably around 80% of the Priston Tale code, which is very big.

As microamazing said, PT is done with plenty of trust in the game. Expecting that poop will not happen. Although I can see that in 2000 they had plenty of motivation to do like so, some stuff just doesn't make sense. Surely priston tale has evolved in the last years, but not the same amount slave and jvfl evolved it. Sandurr plobably evolved the most, and thats mostly due to its consistency imo.

One thing that I know is that 99% of the servers never invest into and fully understimate is a better server side inventory code, although item dupe/hacking can be prevent without having the full inventory data on the server, this brings tons more advantages than preventing just item issues. One example is that knowing the items the player has in the inventory, you can calculate the damage server side. (Yes, you can do the same without having full inven data on server, I just don't see a why making 10 steps is easier than 2). Another great advantage is that you don't really need checksum everywhere and think so hard to get stuff done, its a bit more easier having full data available at server.

That said, I have already done plenty of stuff, mostly of them would need complete overall again, game dev is hard, and I am a noob here, constantly learning. In games,everything must be as fast as possible, even more in PT, where implementing threads is extensively harder than in a new or better structured application.

Some stuff I did:
Full server inventory, where all items are stored in the server at any time.
Greatly improved the DX11 leaked source posted here, making maps render at 1800fps+.
In the last 7 months, in a DLL source:
Reworked Regnum (now Saint) map rendering, using 0% of the legacy pipeline, reaching 500+ fps in maps (No players), all maps load direct from GLTF/GLB/FBX, allowing to greater freedom of usage. (used some code from the improved DX11 stuff i made, but DX9)
Reworked the full physics engine, implementing a new more up to date library, that can do all sorts of stuff.
Live reload, which will be used on Saint Tale, you will be able to switch chars ingame, for you ascencion (complex system to explain).
New aging, new mixing, new craft.
Removed completely char.dat files, every data (except inventory) of the player is save in the SQL.
Fully new quest system, erasing the legacy one.
Fully new clan system.
Plenty of other small stuff/ stuff i won't remember.

Has been a long journey, but I think the journey ahead, trying to fully revive a 22y old game, poorly made, will be even bigger.

Back