Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Problem buying items in gshop/editing gshop

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm having problems purchasing some items on gshop, it's giving me this error and the item isn't coming to inventory:

Why I can solve?

I tried opening gshop.data from the client and exporting it as gshopsev.data and sending it to the server but unfortunately the server didn't work properly...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
on server side missing the item, maybe the file name is wrong and u not overwrote the old one with the newly created one (gshopsev.data and not gshop.data on server side)
I moved it using mv in the terminal

When I try to login into the game gives me this error after change the gshopsev.data

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try to set the permissions of the newly moved server files properly, 555 should do

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The screenshot you sent says what's wrong, your gshop files are unreadable or corrupt
go to gamed/config/ and type ls -la to list the files and their permissions in that directory

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The screenshot you sent says what's wrong, your gshop files are unreadable or corrupt
go to gamed/config/ and type ls -la to list the files and their permissions in that directory
here is

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i may be wrong, but don't you need gshop.data to be there as well?
Also to fix the permissions for all files in the config directory type chmod -R 555 .
(yes keep the dot, it reflect to the current directory)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also to fix the permissions for all files in the config directory type chmod -R 555 .
I installed the server and there was no gshop.data in the folder, only gshopsev
Edited permissions and still don't work

Upvote 0
Reaction score
server doesnt have gshop.data or gshop1.data, it has a different version from them (even the file size different too for server and client side file), server have gshopsev.data, gshopsev1.data and client have gshop.data and gshop1.data, this is a pic about server and client side, it is not same file not even close
1708343470726 - Problem buying items in gshop/editing gshop - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
server doesnt have gshop.data or gshop1.data, it has a different version from them (even the file size different too for server and client side file), server have gshopsev.data, gshopsev1.data and client have gshop.data and gshop1.data, this is a pic about server and client side, it is not same file not even close View attachment 256700

Correct, i just check the gs.conf there no parameter for it, i have been always placing them in the config folder, never cared to test

I installed the server and there was no gshop.data in the folder, only gshopsev
Edited permissions and still don't work
check the logs

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Correct, i just check the gs.conf there no parameter for it, i have been always placing them in the config folder, never cared to test

check the logs
the game1.log

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the game1.log
Try chown -R root:root .
(keep the dot)
If it give the same the issues, try creating a new gshopserv.data. there is a guide around for several errors, look it up, it explains how to setup gshop files

Upvote 0
Back