• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Problem with CentOS 4.7

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello :D:

Some topics looked no further clarified my doubts.

everything set up correctly and in tutorials, plus I'm having a problem connecting with centos of windows, my machine receives the signal from a router that receives a modem motorola cabble.

thanks

280689 - Problem with CentOS 4.7 - RaGEZONE Forums

/\
settings

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You centos IP, netmask and gateway look fine. I usually pick higher numbers when setting a static IP though as you don't want to accidentally use an IP that another machine uses.

As you have a router make sure your vmware networking is set to "bridged". Also check that the windows firewall is off, the centos firewall is off and i would probably disable selinux too on centos.

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not sure then. Several people have strange problems like this and i have no idea why. I have been using vmware for years and i have never had these problems. I doubt i will ever work it out unless it happens to me too.

I have noticed it only ever happens to people with routers. Routers act as a DHCP server for networks and the only theory i have is that somehow interferes with the the virtual machine using the vmware DHCP server as it should. I always specify static IP addresses for my virtual machines which could be why i have never seen it.

Upvote 0
Back