• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[PS-Development] The Dead Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone, sup ? Today I am "releasing" an idea of a game that I had. It still needs a lot of work, and for now there is only some stuff that is already ready and I'l show it all on the video below.
The name of the game ? The Dead Forest.

On the video, you can only see the Map, and you can't really get the idea of the game.
So, first of all, this is not going to be a WarZ Emulator, with Zombies and everything. I am only using the Infestation Source to make another diferent survival game.

Facts about the game:
There isn't Zombies.
There isn't Global Inventory.
The game won't be PvP based, but it won't be PvE either. It is going to be survival at it's finest.
The game is being developed on the latest released Infestation Survivor Stories Source Code.
It supports Terrain V3.

Game Roleplay:
You are going to spawn inside an airplane that is burning. You have 2 minutes of spawn protection to pick up everything you can (Harvesting Tools and Recipes) and leave the plane, you will be jumping on water, so there won't be any fall damage. Once in the water you are going to need to go to the island and search for food, water, supplies, guns, etc... Basically you need to defend yourself against the Forest. You are in a foreign land and you don't know if there are other survivors...
Once you grab a good amount of Wood, Rocks and Metal you can start crafting. You can craft everything you need for basic survival, but I'l make a list to keep things easyer...
Crafting List:
Guns
: Coumpound Crossbow
Ammo: Arrows
Buildings: Small House that can be upgraded (I'l talk about it later). Wood Walls, Brick Walls, Metal Walls, Short Walls from all kind of materials, Light Posts, Power Generators, etc...
Farm: Water farm, Food farm.
Once you have ran out of Harvesting Tools, you can start searching the Forest for more. You can also find Military Items around the Forest, since there are some aircrafts that went down around the area.

Houses:
Whenever you have some good guns and supplies, you can start thinking about making your house so you can store items on it. The normal ammount of items you can store in a Lvl 1 house is: 32 items.
You can upgrade your house by getting more wood, rocks and metal. There are 7 levels of upgrades that you can make on the house.
1- The House itself, with no locks on it, no safety, everyone can get your items, completely exposed.
2- Window protection Lvl 1
3- Window protection Lvl 2
4- Door lock, you can have your own password to store items inside the house. Nobody can access it without that code.
5- New floor, completely new wood.
6- Furniture, you will now be able to store 60 items inside the house. With the furniture you will also be able to spawn back inside your house whenever you want.
7- Watch tower. The best level you can ever reach. You are going to have a watch tower to watch over your possible enemies.

So that is basically the idea of the game... If you change to another server, you are going to loose everything you have, so make sure you stay on this one particular server.

You should be asking yourself, why are you posting this here if the game is not ready ?
Easy answer, I need a team of trust that could help me trought the development of this game. I don't have time or knowledge to do everything on my own. So if you are wondering to apply, here is some of the stuff that is already been done, and some that still needs to be added.

Ready:
Crafting Sistem.
Harvesting Rocks, Trees and Metal.
Upgradable Buildings.
Airdrop (HALO Jump).
Map.
Ideas...

Not ready:
Fully upgradable buildings.
Animals.
Crafting guns.
Loot Sistem.
Menu needs to be completely remade.
HUD.
A server to host the game.
Some other stuff that I won't mention now.

So if you are up to help, hit me up with a private message or add me on skype: SniperMasterBR

Thanks a lot for your time.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: The Dead Forest - Development

Not bad, but I believe that a lot of people will have low FPS and/or FPS drops there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: The Dead Forest - Development

Not bad, but I believe that a lot of people will have low FPS and/or FPS drops there.

I don't think people will get low FPS because it is not individual objects placed on the map. Most of the objects are from collections. So the only difficulty people will have is on the loading screen. It may load a bit slower then cliffside...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Development] The Dead Forest

This game will have nothing to do with The Forest. I am not inspired by that game. I got the inspiration from Battle Royale + DayZ Epoch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back