Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Question] Can i use Virtual PC instead of VMWare?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm, thanks, im not familiar with VMWare that's why i ask...i been using VPC for other purposes and i was thinking it could work here.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you can manage to work with VPC and you know which options you should enable \ disable, and how to config it, im sure it won't make any change :]

Upvote 0
Game Developer
Reaction score
Virtual PC dont run linux with KDE or other type of Desktop, only text mode.

But u can use coLinux, its not easy to setup but is better than any VM, colinux is a linux kernel for Windows.

My Server is Running with coLinux and Fedora Core 7

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jesus Ducking Christ, people. This thread is 1 and a half years old! Don't bump threads this old, ffs...

ONTOPIC: VirtualBox > VMWare

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually i tested virtual pc on win7 and found it was slow as hell. I'm currently using virtualbox.

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have never tried both at the same time and i can't really see any reason why you would want to given that they both do the same thing. I theory it should work as both use different network interfaces and therefore shouldn't interfere with each ther.

Upvote 0
Back