• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

WZ Question on what to do with files before coding.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct section, but I'll post it here anyway.

Well, after reading how to edit NPC with this forum post:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/add-learning-npcs-start-finish-643364/

I just have this one fact in mind.

Lets say I want to edit an NPC's location or action.
What do I do to the file? Do I just go to the XML files and edit it? Or do I create a new .js file and add in a code?

If there is a need for any codes, could someone provide it for me in this post? Thanks guys for all the help

P.S. In one of my posts, I'm trying to find the file that controls scrolls success rates and failure rates. Can anyone tell me what files should I Look?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, if you want to add the npc into a new location, just use !npc command.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, sadly, the thing is that the ! commands and other commands doesn't work in my server.
I'm using ExileMS, any ways to resolve it? :/

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It depends on the npc, If their ID already has a script then edit that, if they dont, create a new one. One method to edit their locations you have to go to the server directory > wz > map > (desired map directory) and manually add it there, this method may cause some problems so its not recommended if you don't know what you're doing.

Back