• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[QUESTION]Size of objects CS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask you guys if there is a way to create boxes, boxes with rounded corners, and other things with specific size in pixels. :rolleyes:

Like how to create box (with rounded corners) 400px by 200px.
Browsing in Photoshop didn't tell much. Same with Google. :$:

Maybe you guys can help? :?:

P.S. I know that I can create selection with fixed size.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Chose Fixed size and add a feather to 2-3 pixels..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You mean that you need to make a box with rounded corners right?
like this?

jM2.me - [QUESTION]Size of objects CS3 - RaGEZONE Forums

(I have added the shadow - not because of a 'feather')

Get out the lineal (CTRL + R), right click the lineal and change to pixels, then drag out rulers (just left-click on the lineal and drag in the screen.) and defines your region.

Then take the rounded rectangle shape tool, and create one inside your region. then hide the rulers by doing CTRL+H, and you are done...

Using a fixed selection wont make it possible to make a nice straight edged rectangle, as it will feather it.

Last edited:
(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You mean that you need to make a box with rounded corners right?
like this?

jM2.me - [QUESTION]Size of objects CS3 - RaGEZONE Forums

(I have added the shadow - not because of a 'feather')

Get out the lineal (CTRL + R), right click the lineal and change to pixels, then drag out rulers (just left-click on the lineal and drag in the screen.) and defines your region.

Then take the rounded rectangle shape tool, and create one inside your region. then hide the rulers by doing CTRL+H, and you are done...

Using a fixed selection wont make it possible to make a nice straight edged rectangle, as it will feather it.

That works. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back