• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Radeon 3870X2 To Scale Up To 300+ Percent

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'll rather have a good card for games then a "show off" one for tests.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
True :p But why can't they make a card which scales good in ALL games then?

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My bro just bought oen of the top ATI cards for his computer, only cost him a couple hundred.. srt of makes me jealous. but ATI has a long way to go sincce its just starting into its DX10 'heavy hitter' type cards, expect them to become popular another 1 or 2 months down the road when more fficient drivers get released :)

Reaction score
True :p But why can't they make a card which scales good in ALL games then?

You a missing the point. It's not scaling for games it scaling of the performance by adding more chips to the setup.

Which they are doing an amazing job at. And their next generation of cards will all the be same chip. Just the number of them will be the difference.

My bro just bought oen of the top ATI cards for his computer, only cost him a couple hundred.. srt of makes me jealous. but ATI has a long way to go sincce its just starting into its DX10 'heavy hitter' type cards, expect them to become popular another 1 or 2 months down the road when more fficient drivers get released :)

I doubt they will get more popular. Why? 8800GT 256mb comes out in the price range and it's a faster card.

That's going to hurt the AMD sells this winter but still they will do good. Especially for the high end market. Why wouldn't want to get 4-8 GPU setup for the price of a SLI GTX setup?

It will be faster and the same price.

Not to mention a bigger bragging right. :icon6:

NOpeace - out

Back