• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

RAM for a JD Dedicated Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys so I want to make a JD server, does anyone know the ideal Memory (RAM) and Operation System required for the Dedicated Server ? Would be cool to know. Also I am looking for a Developer that can set it all up for me. Really help if you guys could answer what u can :) :thumbup:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
2gb ram is the suggested ram but if you get more players you might want to go 4gb

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HI Trident

Operating system ...any unix based os You feel confortable with.
Ram....well this is tricky..you should never need more than 2 Gigabytes.(its JD not eve Online lol)

Regarding developer there are many young kids tat Love to explore the world of Jade dynasty so that is easy.

But in case no one decides to help you,i will not do it for you but ill make sure to teach you all you need to know.

Mike VJD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i Agree with Marco.

a litle hint that basicly everyone can support is getting s very simple Server image and set it up on a virtual machine while you take your first steps as a developer (Your going to be ruining more than building) this is completely normal,and happened to all that were Self Taught.

Have fun during this Process Its the beauty of it.

And never Forget Knowledge is Free,share it!

Mike - Virtual jade dynasty

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
isn't JD same as perfect world that you needs 16 gig ram to open all maps? i am still thinking of make JD server but can't find a good client for it lol

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i Agree with Marco.

a litle hint that basicly everyone can support is getting s very simple Server image and set it up on a virtual machine while you take your first steps as a developer (Your going to be ruining more than building) this is completely normal,and happened to all that were Self Taught.

Have fun during this Process Its the beauty of it.

And never Forget Knowledge is Free,share it!

Mike - Virtual jade dynasty

Could you add me on msn or something ? I need your Help (a.k.a I am Trident and can't get back onto my other account x__x)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
isn't JD same as perfect world that you needs 16 gig ram to open all maps? i am still thinking of make JD server but can't find a good client for it lol

no. Perfect world is fucked up and requires at least 8gigs. Jade Dynasty requires close to nothing.

OP i would go with at least 4gigs of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back