• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Rate my code

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I'm programmimg a c++ directx 9 gui, and have much error, and I do not know where I'm going wrong(pointer, ...).

Source code ( only source ) for build in vs 2010

you can show me how to better to make this ?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First thing you are using too many pointers(use pointrers ic necessary),

I usually don't use getmessage i prefer using peekmessage because with the getmessage your code is moved into the window process function and less into outside of it(you cant do some good framerate with).

You can add the conttoll functionality that is in the wondow process function to the controll lass under a certain metbod that will take as parameter the MSG object.
Since you have the list of the controls just add a method in the in Render to prlcess inputs.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
First thing you are using too many pointers(use pointrers ic necessary),

I usually don't use getmessage i prefer using peekmessage because with the getmessage your code is moved into the window process function and less into outside of it(you cant do some good framerate with).

You can add the conttoll functionality that is in the wondow process function to the controll lass under a certain metbod that will take as parameter the MSG object.
Since you have the list of the controls just add a method in the in Render to prlcess inputs.
Dude try reading through your own posts just once.. the number of typos is unacceptable!

Back