• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Razer Blade

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
People like to misinterpret marketing & advertising terms.

They aren't trying to "save" PC gaming from anything, it's doing just fine the way it is. What they WERE trying to do, is show people that the development for PC gaming is still in the works and that the focus has not completely shifted to the consoles.

The entire point of this is to have the trackpad on the right hand side instead of it always being on the palmrest.

If you wanted to game on your laptop, you needed a mouse. That's the way it has always been. But with this, you can use your left hand for WASD while your right hand is used on the touchscreen as a cursor.

They were trying to create an all-in-one mobile gaming solution without the requirement for additional peripherals, and i think they've succeeded.

Eh that sounds pretty interesting. If only it wasn't so high priced though. Maybe the prices will drop later though.

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
People like to misinterpret marketing & advertising terms.

They aren't trying to "save" PC gaming from anything, it's doing just fine the way it is. What they WERE trying to do, is show people that the development for PC gaming is still in the works and that the focus has not completely shifted to the consoles.

The entire point of this is to have the trackpad on the right hand side instead of it always being on the palmrest.

If you wanted to game on your laptop, you needed a mouse. That's the way it has always been. But with this, you can use your left hand for WASD while your right hand is used on the touchscreen as a cursor.

They were trying to create an all-in-one mobile gaming solution without the requirement for additional peripherals, and i think they've succeeded.

Although, a trackpad vs mouse in gaming is extremely inferior... Its impossible to play any fast paced game with a trackpad because its very innaccurate, you cant set sensativity up without it going bonkers. Its much easier to jsut grab a USB mouse and plug it in - that way you are much more efficient.

I am not saying you cant game, I'm just saying that using any trackpad is very very uncomfortable while gaming, whether its on the middle, or on the side of the keyboard. Ive tried controlling myself with using a trackpad in BFBC:2 and it was, to put it blunt, retarded, and horribly innacurate!

Back