Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ascent realmlist.wtf changes back every time i open wow.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i am trying to get arcemu working with wolk but when i change my wtf file it changes back every time i open wow.Also i noticed when i can get by that only some times it just tells me disconnected from server.after i change my wtf file to 127.0.0.1 then try to log in it says info is invalid.so im thinking its because it is trying to connect the retail realmlist.any help would be great here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
use wow.exe not launcher.exe that is a live link to blizz for updates before playing

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i don't seem to have wow.exe I can't seem to find my wow folders anywhere in my program files. only in my games folder.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
what's the realmlist on this server :/ i cant see it :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i don't seem to have wow.exe I can't seem to find my wow folders anywhere in my program files. only in my games folder.

Right click your wow icon, left click properties. change launcher.exe to wow.exe. While looking here it will tell you where wow was installed so you can change your realmlist.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
it is in C:\Public\Games\World of Warcraft

you are using vista and it changes back because you didn't modify the correct paramiters in

C:\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Data\enUS\Realmlist.wtf <--- open with notepad

i'm assuming you use enUS Client

Then you put this in:

Code:
set realmlist  <-- Server ip Here -->
set patchlist <-- Server ip Here -->
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

this will prevent the client from updating

Last edited:
Back