Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[REL] Jabaco - Code Visual Basic 6 , Compile Java

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's right, a few months ago I found this new language, which is the only 'resurrection' of Visual Basic 6, basically you code in Visual Basic 6 and compile your code into Java Byte code, so it runs on any platform that supports Linux (all major platforms do!) hell it will probably run on your phone! You can make MDI forms too, console apps, etc... The framework is open source (the IDE / Compiler isn't but its in very development stages so, you can get a free license which I recommend you get before it becomes comercial which is reasonable considering the hard work the developer puts into the project) the only setback to this language is that you will have to re-code your old VB6 apps somewhat to be supported by Jabaco, but in most cases it wont be too much. Also, that the documentation process only just started (they just opened up the Wiki) so for now you will have to learn from trial and error or via asking for help. Anyways check it out for yourself if you want.

I find it very interesting being an ex-vb6 coder, sadly I'm more into C# now but I'll be playing with this once it gets better (I wish he'd update already!) but yeah.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was thinking of posting it there, but I didn't know if it wasn't appropriate etc.. :p damnit I always do something wrong LOL oh well :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'm waiting on the developer to update, there are a few things he's meant to fix up, but idk when the heck he's gona update : last update was in 2008 can't wait for the next '2009' update loool but it IS one guy doing it (at least thats what it looks like sadly :p)

A

Ant

I'm trying this.. How come it gets an error here?

sckConnection(Index).State

it says function or variable not defined but it works in vb6. wtf

Back