• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Release] GameGuard files.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
this is my first release on ragezone :x tho i found this may be useful.

instead of using rosegameguard.exe to play private servers of rose online, you can use these files.

rosegameguard.exe:
changes "hosts" file and makes gameguard connect to another computer, downloading the files from there.
you can check this out by going to start>run and entering:
Code:
notepad C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
theres a line that rosegameguard.exe creates which is
Code:
[IP]        nprotect.roseonlinegame.com
i dont know the ip cause im using my trick :p

my way.
you extract the nprotect folder to your webserver's public folder, where your site is stored at.
you can even change the splash thingy(the pic you see when gameguard loads), just change splash.npz at realserver folder to splash.zip, extract the splash.jpg file to your comp, change it, add it back to the zip archive then change the file back to splash.npz. now everytime a user runs gameguard from your computer, they get the special splash you created.

<- download link

my rank says omicron, and my posts rate is 10, that doesnt mean this way/trick/whatever is bad/a virus/not working etc.
im active at ragezone, but i hate posting.. so ignore my account details :p

EDIT:
after you extracted the nprotect folder to your webserver's public folder, open C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts with notepad, add your ip space nprotect.roseonlinegame.com
example:
Code:
127.0.0.1         localhost
127.0.0.1  nprotect.roseonlinegame.com

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thats only for yourself to connect. How do I make it for others to connect?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if other people edit their host file and add your ip address, they connect using your gameguard files

Back