Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release]Preventing fake GMs in your server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
this is a guide, and one that doen't do or say much. you are not releasing anything.

You right. NOW im not releasing anything. I even ask moderator delete this post in order to fix my error. Thanks.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
### anti-gm-hack method (this method erases all created gm chars)###
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This methos is just a little bit of sql random stuff, and some logical step understanding.
The first thing you need to do, is to create a new "Job" on your server's agent. (where to find that? = check the screenshot below)
Logically, we need 2 steps to complete the procedure.
step 1 - querying the character'S names, and deleting those who shouldn't be in there.
step 2 - a waiting time of 2 seconds, and then call step 1 again.

So this basically is a query that will be called every 2 seconds.
(it will take 2 seconds to delete the new fresh created gm char)

We start with Step 1:

Zitat:
DELETE FROM character.dbo.user_character
WHERE character_name < ']'
AND character_name <> '[GM]TheRoss'
AND character_name <> '[GM]Jeany'
AND character_name <> '[GM]Nemu'

1st row->from where should the char be deleted?
2nd row->includes all chars with less than "]" (ascii table)
3rd row->AND character name different than [GM]TheRoss
(this means that this char will not be deleted)
4rd row->AND character name different than [GM]Jeany
5rd row->AND character name different than [GM]Nemu

you can add more "AND character_name <> '[GM]XXXX' " rows if you have more staffmembers on your server.

step 2:

Zitat:
WAITFOR DELAY '000:00:02'

the meaning of this: it just waits 2 seconds, and doesn't do anything in that time.

now, in order to make this run over and over again, we need to link both steps in an infinite loop.
so we say: after STEP1 is finished, please execute STEP2.
AND after STEP2 is finished, please execute STEP1

here's the screenshot of how to make this possible:

limpamesa - [Release]Preventing fake GMs in your server - RaGEZONE Forums

!!!VERY IMPORTANT!!!
you MUST make a query on characters names with the criteria <']'
and edit ALL results.
i mean all the character names MUST be edited to something. like hfguzfne for ewxample.

why? because the job erases all gm chars etc. but some character entrys should NOT be deleted, else you will get the 600,300 error after creating a character!!!

ps: IF you're NOT able to edit the tables, then you must open the query manager with chinese language (use the program called applocale for that, and don't forget the asian language pack)
how-to open:
start applocale, select the chinese language (the FIRST cinese sign thing with (XX)) then run C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe. when the console is open, click on file->open and open SQL-SERVER-INSTALLATION-PATH\80\Tools\BINN\SQL Server Enterprise Manager.MSC.
then you will be able to see and edit the chinese character lines.
if you're not able to do that, i suggest you to read some tutorials about it...

CREDITS go again to Silkbotter ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
a good sidenote here. this can prevent a player from using every GM command with the exception of ghostmode and inmap teleport (clicking over the minimap) as those are mostly client controlled. server will process those 2 even if you are not a real GM (by means of editing your name with CE or similar)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
everytime i make that i get 600,400 error ..
so how can u help me plz ??

Back