Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

remove the post count

Status
Not open for further replies.
bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just optically anyway, leave all the ranks(alpha, omega, member+, whatever), just hide that "Total Posts" box everywhere.

That's would be terific, wouldn't it?

Nooooooooooooo :*: I like seeing that I've spent wayyyy too much time on here :thumbup:

8===D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Shawn has a point.. But it would decreas spam in our community.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The only reason people are spamming, is to get another rank. Not just to get a higher post count. This wouldn't solve the problem. They would still want to reach another rank.

Reaction score
The only reason people are spamming, is to get another rank. Not just to get a higher post count. This wouldn't solve the problem. They would still want to reach another rank.
Yeah, right.. so member with 400 posts(without knowing he actually has 400 posts) is gonna keep posting 40 spam posts daily for a month before his name turn yellow.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

not really, they will watch how many posts they have in their profile and keep posting spam to reach the desired group.
You wouldn't see how many posts you have anywhere. Once you reach the Alpha, you reach it, and you won't be like.. omg only 100 posts left, let's hurry up.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Shawn has a point.. But it would decreas spam in our community.
I belive Shawn wasn't being all that serious.

Reaction score
Benefits

• less spam
Caveats

• lots of members whinning, because they want to show others they are the spammers

Should this be decided by community? no, people who care about how many posts they have will esaily overvote the others.

I always said your reputation should be decided by content of your posts, not your postcount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back