Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Request] Need Assistance and/or Detailed Guidance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've Just Started Working on My 1.0 Version of DBO, I have No Plan of Publishing my Server Until its 100% complete with the New Ideas and Features I want to add, However as I just graduated from school, I Have Little Knowledge in These Things So far, I only have a good understanding of Editing the tables. So, I'm Here Requesting a Little Assistance from the community, I will list a few things I currently need assistance with.

• DBO 1.0 Freeze Fix​
  • How to Add New Quests & New NPC?​
  • How to Add New Dungeons (This would be Very Helpful, for my Server will be focused on dungeons)​
  • I Know how to edit the tables and add titles & Auras yes, however How Do I Make a New Aura?​
  • How to Make The Server Smooth Like DBO Zenkai? Having a Smooth & High FPS Server would Change the Game Experience.​
Thats all For now If you wish to Give an Explanation or, please feel free to reply here and/or add me via discord @smoke.mc
So if this Post seems rather demanding or anything, im just trying my best

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello and welcome to dbo ragezone subforum! i hope you have a good time around here!!
i wil ltry to sumarize some of ur questions to give u a guide like u requested!

• DBO 1.0 Freeze Fix
about that issue with the og dbo.exe freezing on newer versions of windows, i have no idea how to fix, but from the people to wh created the fix, they did a hook cpp injection to the client, soo injecting the fix on the cleint, you would need to find a 1.0 server who fixed and ask them to teach you how to create your own fix, or see if someone lands you, idk how many 1.0 servers still active, but foshure they have the fix released.

• How to Add New Quests & New NPC?

This one question is very vague since u gave no hints, but lets say you want to add npcs in game fiels and then display them in game in the map
first you need to make sure you have the npc resources on your character proeprty ( their models, animations and etc al lconfiged on modeltool)
then you need make sure you also have the resources packed on your client files itself, after that you msotly ahve it all seted up on client side, you just need then to do the cleint and server sync part,
adding the "new" npcs on the |NPC_Table|NPC_Data|Spawn_NPC(of the world he needs to be spawned)
after adding al lthe atributes and settings of whatever you are doign with them on the tables, you then sync the tables on both client and server
and done you have new npcs, you can spawn them using @addnpc command, or if you set the spawn already on spawn_npc table , it will spawn alongside with the GameServer emulator of the channels you start.

Quests all you gotta do is create the ts Files using the tool "TsTool.exe" to guide , design, and mroe your quests and all their optiosn and triggers ( some people say you can do it manually using notepad, maybe its nto convinient but well) you will still ened TSTool to convert the files for client and server. and done you link the quests to the npcs id to provide them and more or wahtever you ahve in mind

• How to Add New Dungeons
new Dungeons is something hard, ik there is a limit of avaible resources in the client code, like the ammount of aviable Dungeon managers machines, and etc, soo it wil ldepend on how you want the dungeon to be( ud, TMQ ..etc) im not good enough to explain this, but prolly someoen will be able to help you here! atleast on1.0 you are very limited unless you jailbreak your client with hook orsomething.
  • How Do I Make a New Aura?
you make VFX in a tool called "Venus.exe", tahts were you can createeverythign related to VFX and more, like auras, atacks and skills effects and much more, like spline paths and others. the data is all stored inside of the files " VisualEffect_01 and 02" in the Effect folder (packed inside the Objects.pak)

• How to Make The Server Smooth Like DBO Zenkai?
Impossible, unless somehow their devs help you, zenkai was teh dbo private serevr with the most experienced development team, and mostly the most advanced server , sad they never was able to release their official and latests client to public, since they csoed during the alpha , but well getting as smooth as them would be literally impossible for your alone, ofc unless they end up helping you somehow, because their latest client was in anotehr level!

That seems to be everything you ahve asked about!! any issues or questions fell free to provide them here

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello and welcome to dbo ragezone subforum! i hope you have a good time around here!!
i wil ltry to sumarize some of ur questions to give u a guide like u requested!

• DBO 1.0 Freeze Fix
about that issue with the og dbo.exe freezing on newer versions of windows, i have no idea how to fix, but from the people to wh created the fix, they did a hook cpp injection to the client, soo injecting the fix on the cleint, you would need to find a 1.0 server who fixed and ask them to teach you how to create your own fix, or see if someone lands you, idk how many 1.0 servers still active, but foshure they have the fix released.

• How to Add New Quests & New NPC?

This one question is very vague since u gave no hints, but lets say you want to add npcs in game fiels and then display them in game in the map
first you need to make sure you have the npc resources on your character proeprty ( their models, animations and etc al lconfiged on modeltool)
then you need make sure you also have the resources packed on your client files itself, after that you msotly ahve it all seted up on client side, you just need then to do the cleint and server sync part,
adding the "new" npcs on the |NPC_Table|NPC_Data|Spawn_NPC(of the world he needs to be spawned)
after adding al lthe atributes and settings of whatever you are doign with them on the tables, you then sync the tables on both client and server
and done you have new npcs, you can spawn them using @addnpc command, or if you set the spawn already on spawn_npc table , it will spawn alongside with the GameServer emulator of the channels you start.

Quests all you gotta do is create the ts Files using the tool "TsTool.exe" to guide , design, and mroe your quests and all their optiosn and triggers ( some people say you can do it manually using notepad, maybe its nto convinient but well) you will still ened TSTool to convert the files for client and server. and done you link the quests to the npcs id to provide them and more or wahtever you ahve in mind

• How to Add New Dungeons
new Dungeons is something hard, ik there is a limit of avaible resources in the client code, like the ammount of aviable Dungeon managers machines, and etc, soo it wil ldepend on how you want the dungeon to be( ud, TMQ ..etc) im not good enough to explain this, but prolly someoen will be able to help you here! atleast on1.0 you are very limited unless you jailbreak your client with hook orsomething.
  • How Do I Make a New Aura?
you make VFX in a tool called "Venus.exe", tahts were you can createeverythign related to VFX and more, like auras, atacks and skills effects and much more, like spline paths and others. the data is all stored inside of the files " VisualEffect_01 and 02" in the Effect folder (packed inside the Objects.pak)

• How to Make The Server Smooth Like DBO Zenkai?
Impossible, unless somehow their devs help you, zenkai was teh dbo private serevr with the most experienced development team, and mostly the most advanced server , sad they never was able to release their official and latests client to public, since they csoed during the alpha , but well getting as smooth as them would be literally impossible for your alone, ofc unless they end up helping you somehow, because their latest client was in anotehr level!

That seems to be everything you ahve asked about!! any issues or questions fell free to provide them here
Ah Yes Thank you for Replying, And thanks for the info

Back