• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Run client on vista using Omegabuffers guide.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey i've been using a couple of KO databases and servers from here for a while.
Been doing everything solo with information found in here.

But up till now everything worked, since i deleted my last server and got Omegabuffers one everything works fine on my pc, but my mates Vista Home 32bits shows all kinds of client sided errors like:

A problem occured in the HackShield program. (Error Code = 4) Terminating program.
A problem occured in the HackShield program. (Error Code = 101) Terminating program.
A problem occured in the HackShield program. (Error Code = 102) Terminating program.

I've tried running in several compatibility modes, also tried this in combination with running it in administrator mode but it doesn't seem to work!
Tried deleting the HackShield folder, had no effect.

I can connect on my dad's old pc (800mhz xp sp2) but it's no fun for him to play on that pc as it's on the other side of the house.

Could anyone help me out here?
Maybe another client?
But were to get it?
Will try all suggestions.

Kind regards,

NightX

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a GM with the same problem. Somewhere I picked up a patch called Kenewa or something like that and I was abe to play on vista. I gave this patch to him but she said it didnt work. I can link it if you wanna try it. I dont remember where I got it so I dont know who give creds to.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
U will have to disable hackshield @ ur KnightOnline.exe ~
if u cant do it use the search button and search for GoatCheezKnightOnline

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thnx so much, i'm going to try static's first if that doesn't work i'll pm you about it black_mage!

Thnx for the responces so far :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello there

Did you find a way to bypass the hackshield problem under vista (clienta sided)? I have exactly the sam problem. Thanks in advence for replaying.

Back