• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Run program from other HD

Reaction score
Hey all,
I got a little problem.
I've to Hard disks in my pc,
I've a program on my other hard disk (D:), that i want to run from the other Hard disk (C:).
But if i open it from Hard Disk (C:) i get an error.
How can i open a program from another hard disk?
Does it have something to do with registry things?

Thanks in advance!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
what sort of error?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what error u get after when u trying to open oter harddisk folder?

Reaction score
i'm on my xp atm, and the main programs are on xp, so i just tried it with w7 chess.

Rajito - Run program from other HD - RaGEZONE Forums

d.^.^.b
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well if it is w7 chess then it wouldnt work on xp >.>

Reaction score
well if it is w7 chess then it wouldnt work on xp >.>

i tried it with chess because i'm on my xp atm and all the programs that i use are already on w7.

that message is coming with all the programs that i open on w7 from xp.

(the programs aren't for xp only, it works on w7 but then i need to install everything again and i can't just browse to the program files folder to open it)

idk if you understand it

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Microsoft's older games are written very specifically for Windows 32-bit, and are -very- old programs.

I may recommend trying to run compatability mode, but if that doesnt work.. you will probably just have to grit your teeth deal with an old program as it is.

Have you tried running any other programs from that hard drive? Chances are, they are also installed on an older version of windows, and your registry keys/installation folders wont allow it to run.

Back