Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Saving .eff files throughVenus breaks them (even without editing)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So that's a weird problem because I used venus(inchaos) just last week and I could edit without any issue, then save and it worked fine.

However, this week I've tried to do more edits but whenever I save the file, it just breaks (goes from 9100kb to 8890kb) and packing it gives me an error on game launch, " ".

I assumed that it's due to an edit I've done, but no, if I simply open a fresh eff file, save it, it breaks, thus giving me the error above.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So that's a weird problem because I used venus(inchaos) just last week and I could edit without any issue, then save and it worked fine.

However, this week I've tried to do more edits but whenever I save the file, it just breaks (goes from 9100kb to 8890kb) and packing it gives me an error on game launch, " ".

I assumed that it's due to an edit I've done, but no, if I simply open a fresh eff file, save it, it breaks, thus giving me the error above.
if it worked before, and now it dsnt, then its something u did , if it never worked, then its the tool

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The inchaos tools are bad, try to use the Venus that is in the old DBOUR client that is published here:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

When I released the visualeffects patch for the 2.0 client, I had used a hex editor to alter the values while using Venus as a guide. As far as I know I don't think there is a working Venus published yet that can make edits to these files. However, you can do like me and use the tool as a guide when hex editing.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Unfortunately dbour one doesn't allow me to open my .eff (1.0)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How strange for me if it allows me and I use that same Venus and my client is 1.0

Back