Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Script]Lottery Ticket

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I need help scripting a lottery ticket.

I want a Simple lottery ticket that looks like this

I want there to be 32 prizes, but only 31 things to scratch.
Which will result in the Prize being the one that is not scratched.

I need a start. Im new to this and i need a place to start. Thank you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
theres free scripts done already. are you going to do the design? what program language do you want it in

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want it in Php, and yes i will do the design, Do you have a script?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want it in Php, and yes i will do the design, Do you have a script?
I came accross a lottery one a few years ago but you cant scractch the ticket. you may need to do some in flash or java aswell? but we could pull some things off other lottery scripts so some of the work is done for us with proper permission of course

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont want to scratch it just a click will do..But it sounds good :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can help you if you want it in flash, I just finished a flash class at my college (got an A) :)

But what's in it for me? What skills do you have that i might be able to use?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really nothing, Im just trying to get this, Im trying to learn coding myself, but i'm taking a class next year that can help me, but for now i have nothing.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What i would do is write a "image swap" script in JavaScript, then call it every time someone clicks the image. Example: before button is clicked show covered picture, after button is clicked show prize or fail message. This idea would work and would be quite easy.

~ Iceman

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well if you're trying to learn, ill just give you a few hints.

1. you should use a multi-dimensional array (using two for loops) to handle the image placement and the prize placement

2. generate random numbers and use those to determine the hidden prizes

3. draw out the layout you want first, then write everything you want the program to do in writing, then convert it to code.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would make it everything in flash, as suggested. That way you can make some fancy animations, in addition to avoiding the whole thing about combining javascript, php, html...

Iceman's way would definetly work, although it would require more work with creating the images, and it would be harder to edit it later. With flash that would be a breeze.

Back