Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server crash.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
For some reason my server crash when its empty! after few hours..its can be 1h or 5h.
How can I know what cause it?when I moved to a new monster folder with higher xp its started to happend but like I said the server is "empty"????????? and there is no alot of exp in the monsters..just x3..x4..from the normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. use PtCheckLinks of gregoo
2. dont use ServerMonitor, from what i know it cause crashes. use serverdoc (its autorestarter too) instead.
3. check your game.exe and server.exe . try other game.exe and server.exe.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
I use the ptchecklink and i get 0 monster ids loaded, 45 files scanned, 0 correct monster ids found, finished checking maps..is it ok?

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
I cant use the autorestarter because the server not crash its give me the "dont send" or "send report" somthing like that and only when i press dont send its close so if i use auto restart the server shutdown like always give me the messege and if i am not home and press dont send the server will be offline.
this is a complicated explanition lol...
and about changing the game.exe its foolish because like i said when i moved to a new monster folder its start happening.
and there is no monster files missing there.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Valentino (i recall it being named similarly to death knight though) causes these crashes depending on the server files you are using. This explains the crashes not being immediate, as he only spawns every so often.

Off-topic: Can you start using title tags for your posts? i.e. [help] etc. Thanks.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
ok sorry darknight and about the valento I dont spawn him in any map..
and like I said even when the server is offline its happend.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What I recommend doing is the following....

Make a backup of your current monsters folder. Replace half of the monster files with the ones you used previously (lower XP), then reload the server. See if it crashes still. If it does, then replace the other half of the monster files with your previous ones as well.

This will help you locate which file(s) in particular are causing the problem. The crashing should stop now since you said your previous files were working fine, so then we can determine whether the monster file(s) causing problems are in the second half of the monster folder or the first half. Once you locate which half is causing the problem, reload the newer monster files (with higher exp) and then replace half of the half of monster files that were related to the crash. If the crashes still occurs, then we know it must be in the other half of the half (unless multiple files are causing this crash). You can either look at each file individually then that half or keep replacing files little by little until you figure out which one had been causing the issue.

If after replacing every file with your previous, lower exp monster files there is still crashing, then maybe there's something new in the higher EXP set of files that eventually causes a crash (I very much doubt this though since nothing really would call upon such a new file to open).

I dunno if I worded all that very well. Hope it helps.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Like i said, the server crashes every few hours so to test it..would take alot of times so i start now and let you guys know..thanks.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
darknight sorry of double post but i must for you will see that i've added new replay.
So i back to my old monster files that been worked without crashes and its the same..its keep crashing what it can be now?its not the monster folder

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Disable Antivirus/firewall any other program that may block packets etc
2. Restart your host and check all the processes and disable what you dont need
3. Use minimum 3 defferent files (game.exe and server.exe) and test.
for example :
First time - BLAgame.exe and BLAserver.exe
Second time - XDgame.exe and XDserver.exe
Third time - GRRgame.exe and GRRserver.exe

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I cant use the autorestarter because the server not crash its give me the "dont send" or "send report" somthing like that and only when i press dont send its close so if i use auto restart the server shutdown like always give me the messege and if i am not home and press dont send the server will be offline.

Google search function is your friend, you can find anything there (well, almost everything)

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
The server online 20h without any crash suddenly I think the problem been solved..please dont close the topic I want to wait 1 more day.

Last edited:
Imri Persiado
Reaction score
I moved to the orginal files but its still crashes only 1 time and from then..its online 24h

edit: my server crash every time someone enter sod.. why?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've never experienced that SoD problem myself.

Does it crash when the monsters spawn or when you teleport to the SoD map? If it's when the monsters spawn, check out what you have spawning that round.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
my server crash every time someone enter sod.. why?

It can be many many things, but you know your files better than we do, you know what you edited or not so you should be able to fix it without asking us "why" lol...
"We have the most experienced staff from all-time" says your website ^^
When you edit something, open a .txt doc

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Log every change anyone makes. Actually, servers from 2k3 onwards have built in methods of doing just that. It's a shame that they record the user name, and PT forces every user to log as "Administrator" :\ but you can work around that with IP logs. (The log that logs the logs log is the log that explains the log of the event that was logged. :s)

Anyway... DK says Valento (Death Knight Boss) but actually, I had the same issue with Kelvezu... if there is a boss spawn tag in anything that you have set to spawn in SoD2 that could well cause the problem.

The best policy is always to create cleaned monster files for SoD spawns, or GM events. Don't GM spawn timed bosses, and don't spawn them in SoD either. :wink:

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Looks like my sod files are fine.. and the dc is not a dc its recconect server main and my server.exe become a blank and its happend when I attack the monster..i tested it now and its happend in the middle of round 2. the exp is not even over 80000 in the high rounds..

Last edited:
Back