Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server on a VM can't connect from client. [SOLVED with solution]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, i configured a Virtual Box with Allods 4.02 files.

Im asking if anybody know what step im missing to connect the client into the VM.

In the server side i configured all in 127.0.0.1 IP i opened ports 9430 in both, my pc and VM.

In the PC side i configured to connect to the IP of VM.

And when i use client to login Gameserver cannot establish the connection. Account server yes...

I also edited the start.exe to mi VM ip. And nothing.
Also i try to change all ip's inside server to open IP of my VM but then .bat's doesnt work... so i assuming the 127.0.0.1 ip should remain as other servers does and works...but it's not the case here...

Im missing something?

Yes... i was doing wrong searching for 127.0.0.1 and replacing with my ip, because also i was changing the host values... this is why bat's throw me errors....

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SOLUTION

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

First use notepad++ it help a lot to make changes to several files.

open

accountServer\cfg\shard_local.xml
billingServer\cfg\shard.xml
itemMallServer\cfg\shard.xml
masterServer\cfg\shard_local.xml
shard\cfg\shard.xml

searh/replace for ip="127.0.0.1" and replace for ip="your ip" search/replace to all documents opened. Save.

then do this http://forum.ragezone.com/f747/timechecker-1068028/#post8443767 replacing with your ip.

Last edited:
Back