• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Server up and running but.... minimaps screwed :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok the server is up and running well.

Just a couple of problem areas;

Minimaps are screwed up

The fmmap and mmap wil files have the correct images in them but thats not whats showing on the minimap itself. Any ideas? Noy sure how to go about setting the order they appear in.

Also, is there a way to find out the name or number of the map you are on?

Finally I can't seem to find the GM commands list for the MSRF 2.9 files, anyone have those lying around?

Any input would be much appreciated :)

M

melli

well first off you minimap.txt file is not pointing to the correct places, can't remember off hand how to put it right tho, it's been a while...

second MSRF2.9 are REALLY old files, ok they are easy to setup and get going but they are missing SOOOOO much that the newer servers have...

third, if i remember there is a way to findout the map you are on, it's a gm command tho... and i can't remember it. all i can suggest is loading the main server exe file into a hex editor and looking thru it for the gm commands, they are listed in there somewhere, you'll know them when you see them cause they will all have @ infront of them.
so that takes care of number four also! lol

melli.

M

melli

actually i THINK the command for finding out what map you are on is jusr @map

not 100% sure tho, but i remember using a command like that a lot back in the old days when the maps and minimaps never worked together (like with MSRF 2.9b)

melli.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah it is hard after so many years but it is gradually all coming back :)

@map is the command but I think it is a mismatch between the server and client thats causing the problem.

I have a 512kb & 568kb client exe and eiserver.exe that is 1,147kb, 1,151 and and an 1,187kb one and i'm not sure which one goes with what.

Pretty sure the minimap thing is caused by that. I recall there was a 524kb exe as well but the one I have doesn't seem to work so might have to look back thru some old hard drives and see what I have there.

Now was it my imagination or could you use mir2 maps in EI as long as you had the right wil & wix files?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Btw, is there any of the newer servers that are actually translated and not chinese or korean? hexing is not my strong point :)

M

melli

first off, what version of the server files is it you have? i think you said the MSRF 2.9b files if i remember correctly...

if that is the case, i'd forget about them as they are too old and unstable. (sory MSRF guys... i know they took a lot of work, but we all know they were buggy (not your fault tho i don't think.)) LS3G is the best out there at the mo i think, i'm working on translating them, but that's for another thread...

second, you CAN use mir 2 maps on ei if i remeber correctly but it's a hell of a lot of work and really NOT worth the effort...

the difference in file size of the server exe and the client exe is not a problem, all you have to do is make sure the client exe name is the same in the mir 3 folder and in the mud3 foler and the !setup.ini file. (and that it's the same client exe in all of them) or it won't connect as the server will register that the client exe is different and not allow a connection.

melli.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for all the info.

I've decided to setup a LOM2.3 server in the interim until I can get some decent translated EI server files.

While I have the EI server running, its hard without the minimaps functioning properly.

Maybe a couple of months of LOM'ing will help get back some of the skills :)

Back