• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

SMD file format

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah!
I played laxelore, I could even host it on a dedi server -.-...

Okay... well we're really going off the topic of this thread. There is a LaxeLore thread not too far down the list though, or you could make a new one. And if you have any info you could share about how to set up a server the old LaxeLore client would connect to, I (for one) would appreciate that.

I got the feeling it used different network (or at least logon) protocols from PT, and as the field files are in a completely different format, I can't imagine that we could use our regular PT server and connect to it with an LL client. :s

Official LL development seems never to have gotten out of Beta, and even though the Chinese PT site still has a link to their server, it's dead. :(

@Beyond2000: Sorry to fill your thread with OTs. Any news on the SMD files? And are you planning to do SMB too, or do they look very different to you?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys, Are we keeping this thread alive? I mean i would really like to find out some news :D.

Peace!
Unzubaru!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice, Nice bro, so after you have decoded the .smd routine are you going to release an application of some sort to decode the .smd's? I mean it would help tremendously in this community. If you do release it i think you should make it slightly challenging so that people are just putting this here and there.

Peace!
Unzubaru!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Super... I'm glad to see this project hasn't fallen by the way side. We have people asking how things like water are signified in the ASE files, which I can see no way of determining unless we can decode the SMD files. :S

This will be a real breakthrough when finished. Please keep up the good work, and keep us posted. ^_^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hei
but the project is still in progress?
or abandoned?
I'm glad to know q are trying to do this =)

Back