Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[SMT Imagine] Reboot Looking for Extra Hands

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am NamiBoops, and I'd like to introduce myself as part of an exciting project in the realm of game development. Currently, I am in the process of reimagining from the ground up, utilizing Unity with to streamline database management while drawing inspiration from the original game. In terms of graphics, I have chosen the Universal Render Pipeline (URP) due to its efficiency, considering the challenges associated with High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP).

Due to Unity's recent debacle I have lost all trust with their platform. This set me back... quite a bit. Game will now be developed on UE5. If anyone has the ability to create MMO Blueprints/Framework and would like to use this as a starting point / Guinea pig please hit me up.

The original game has remained dormant for over a decade, yet it continues to receive sporadic updates from a dedicated fanbase. In light of this, I've embarked on a mission to elevate this project to the next level by creating a complete remake.

I am actively involved in development and taking on the role of a sponsor, personally financing this endeavor. It's important to emphasize that there are no paid positions available for this project. My primary concern is the well-being of all developers involved, and I encourage everyone to prioritize their real-life commitments. However, I am enthusiastic about fostering an environment of continuous and active development.

Thank you for joining me on this journey, and I look forward to collaborating with all of you in bringing this project to life.

Available Positions within the Project

• Blender Wizard (0/2):
Responsibilities: Managing all aspects related to Blender, including modeling and map creation. You will work on adapting existing models to function seamlessly with Unity.
  • Game Developer (0/3):
Responsibilities: Proficiency in UE5 is essential, and knowledge of C# and C++ is highly advantageous.
  • Web Developer (1/1):
Responsibilities: Creating a responsive website for our project. The domain is already owned, and the server is in place. Proficiency in HTML5, CSS3, and PHP is required, and your expertise will guide the choice of the most suitable responsive design.
  • Game Artist (0/1):
Responsibilities: We are seeking an artist with experience in creating textures, custom GUI elements, custom models, and more. Your artistic contributions will help shape the visual identity of the game.
  • Level Designer (Environment Artist) (0/2):
Responsibilities: If you have a passion for creating immersive game environments, this role is for you. Whether it's crafting a visually stunning open world or transforming it into an apocalyptic demon-filled landscape inspired by the SMT series, your creativity will shine.

If any of these roles align with your expertise and interests, please feel free to express your interest or ask for further details. We welcome dedicated individuals who are excited to contribute to our project's success.

Server Specifications
For the benefit of transparency, here are the server specifications related to our project:

Website Server:
  • CPU: 2 Cores
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Storage: 50GB NVMe SSD
  • Bandwidth: Unlimited
  • SSL: Valid and configured
  • Additional Services: Currently hosting 2 websites – a Wiki and a Tools website. Can increase specs as needed.

Game Server:
The specifications for the game server are currently undetermined. This decision is pending as we gather more information about the project's requirements. The game world, which covers approximately 75% of Tokyo, Japan, is detailed and utilizes the Universal Render Pipeline (URP). It's also designed as an open-world environment.

Determining the optimal server configuration will depend on factors such as player interest, expected player count, and the technical demands of the game itself. As we gather more data and insights, we will make informed decisions regarding the game server's specifications to ensure an optimal player experience.

Please stay tuned for further updates on this matter as the project progresses.

Role and Contributions of NamiBoops
My role within this project encompasses several key responsibilities:
  1. Project Leadership: I will be taking on the pivotal role of Project Lead, guiding the overall direction and vision of the project. This includes making strategic decisions and ensuring that the development process remains on track.
  2. Financial Sponsorship: In addition to leadership, I will personally finance the project, providing the necessary resources to support its growth and development.
  3. Development: While primarily overseeing the project, I will also engage in minor development tasks as needed. As previously mentioned, I have already completed work on the world map and have contributed to the Atavism aspects of the project.
  4. Community Management: As the project progresses and our community expands, I will take on the role of Community Manager. This involves fostering a positive and engaged community, addressing concerns, and facilitating communication among project contributors and players.
  5. SMT Expertise: My extensive knowledge of the Shin Megami Tensei (SMT) series, particularly SMT Imagine, will be a valuable asset to the project. I can provide insights and expertise related to the game's lore, mechanics, and world-building.
Together, these responsibilities will help ensure the success and growth of our project as we work towards bringing the vision of a revitalized SMT Imagine to life.

Project Resources and Links
To keep everyone informed and organized, here are the essential project resources and links:
  • Our project's Trello board will serve as a hub for task management, progress tracking, and collaboration. Access will be provided to accepted team members.
  • Public access is currently allowed.
Please note that access to these resources will be granted upon acceptance as a member of the team, and we appreciate your understanding of the need for controlled access during this phase of development.

Contact Information

For communication and inquiries, please use the following contact methods within our project:

Thread: Feel free to use project-specific threads to initiate discussions or share information related to the project. This is an open and collaborative platform for project-related interactions.

Private Message (PM): When you need to address specific or confidential matters, you can use private messaging to reach out to designated team members or contributors. This ensures a secure channel for sensitive communications.

We encourage open and transparent communication within the project while respecting the need for privacy and confidentiality when required.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
GL with it

I was trying to remake Cabal with Atavism and turned it into a new game developement, also in URP but on the very early stage you will see that atavism is performance wise...garbage + its not for open world games since atavism is for instanced games like lost ark - so I switched to Unreal Engine and it was a very good decision

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
GL with it

I was trying to remake Cabal with Atavism and turned it into a new game developement, also in URP but on the very early stage you will see that atavism is performance wise...garbage + its not for open world games since atavism is for instanced games like lost ark - so I switched to Unreal Engine and it was a very good decision
Heya thanks for the response!

I've only had positive experiences with Atavism so far. I wonder what the differences are between the 2? As for unreal engine I am always open to switch to that. I just went the unity / atavism route since I am alone haha.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Out of the box atavism works well, ofc. But if you aim for a big map, it lacks in performance as I already said, atavism is for instanced games like Lost Ark. Atavism allows you to have, as example, 100 player per map and wants to open a new map instance (a new channel) for another 100 player.

A open world is not impossible but you will see performance issues during developement and tests because the server can't handle it out of the box

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Out of the box atavism works well, ofc. But if you aim for a big map, it lacks in performance as I already said, atavism is for instanced games like Lost Ark. Atavism allows you to have, as example, 100 player per map and wants to open a new map instance (a new channel) for another 100 player.

A open world is not impossible but you will see performance issues during developement and tests because the server can't handle it out of the box
I believe that I can effectively address the challenges discussed based on the insights you provided. To ensure the feasibility of these enhancements, I plan to engage in a meaningful dialogue with the Atavism development team. I want to express my sincere gratitude for the invaluable information you've shared. Your guidance has been exceptionally beneficial!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It is nice when people want to revive dead games, but may I ask... why this game? Was it your first MMO?
Actually no!
My first casual MMORPG was OSRS (I was 6 and I had no idea what I was doing haha) & actual MMORPG was Classic WoW.
Back in 2007 I started playing SMT Imagine on the JP server and kept playing until the game finally died. Then in 2012 I was off and on helping with development. I knew very little at the time back in 2012 so I couldn't be much help there, but I did a large chunk of translations until about 2020.

I just got a strong urge to remake this game from scratch haha. I currently own the Wiki & Tools site as well for the old version of the MMO. As much as I love the old version, I just wanted the game to be made with updated systems & combat. Hard to do on a really old game where most what you want is hardcoded into the client.

This is going to be a fun little side project.
Such a game should be made on UE4.
Cool! Will you help? :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just a quick update. Due to Unity's recent debacle the engine has been switched to UE5 and everything must unfortunately be redone.

If anyone has the ability to create MMO Blueprints/Framework and would like to use this as a starting point / Guinea pig please hit me up.

Reaction score
Just a quick update. Due to Unity's recent debacle the engine has been switched to UE5 and everything must unfortunately be redone.

If anyone has the ability to create MMO Blueprints/Framework and would like to use this as a starting point / Guinea pig please hit me up.
I believe they have piggybacked on their initial $ idea.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe they have piggybacked on their initial $ idea.
Yeah. But the issue is that if Atlus decides to get involved I have to think of the best for that company as well (I use that mentality with all of my projects; like the SWTOR project). Plus, a company like that already lost my trust lol. Already didn't like John Riccitiello, but ofc now dislike Tomer Bar Zeev, Roelof Botha, & Egon Durban who are board members who most likely initiated this.

Personally & professionally can't trust a company that makes the dumbest decision ever, has the absolute sketchiest upper management / board members / connections and goes:
NamiBoops - [SMT Imagine] Reboot Looking for Extra Hands - RaGEZONE Forums

Just feel like at this point since I wasn't super far in switching would be better. Just have to redo all of the following:
1695891554189 - [SMT Imagine] Reboot Looking for Extra Hands - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back