Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Solutions to some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Over past months in all my work with JD servers I have faced many problems. I think some of you might also face this problem in future or you are faceing them right now. So, here I will give you the problems and the ways to fix them.

1. Situation: gacd and authd not found when starting the server. Although they are there in the respective folder where they should.

Sol: This mainly occurs when you try to use a 64bit linux on VMWare. So common solution is to switch to a 32 bit linux. I recommend 32 bit ubuntu server edition for JD server.

2. Situation: gameDB failed for too long to cause error importing the toptable.

Sol: Now this one is because the gamedbd did not start atall. It can be caused by error in gamesys.conf file in gamedbd or corrupt clsconfig or corrupt gamedatabase.
To fix errors in gamesys.conf open it and check the path of storage and storagewdb to see if they point to your dbhomewdb folder. If they dont then replace those paths with the actual path of your dbhomewdb folder.
To fix corrupt clsconfig, use terminal and goto the gamedbd folder. Then run "./gamedbd gamesys.conf exportclsconfig" without the quotes. This will export new clsconfig from game database.
To fix corrupt database, you can try the following command "./gamedbd gamesys.conf repairdb" without the quotes.

3. Situation: authd error java not found.

Sol: This can be caused by invalid permissions or the fact that the linux does not have JRE( Java Runtime Environment ) installed. To fix chmod the java folder with 777 and recursion. To install the JRE follow your linux's community's advice. I recommend Installing openJDK 6.

4. Situation: gameDB crashes after running for awhile.

Sol: This can be caused by low amount of RAM or corrupt gamedb. JD server needs atleast 1.5GB RAM to run properly. You can run with only only 1 GB RAM too but the more ram you have the more performance you get under heavy load. But, if your gamedb is corrupt, to fix it, you can try the following command "./gamedbd gamesys.conf repairdb" without the quotes.

If you have any more problem that you dont have solutions, please post them here, I will try to solve them, and If you have suggestions on the existing solutions please feel free to post aswell.:8:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you have a solution to fixing the login error? It kept saying "Loggin in the game, Please wait.." 30 sec later it said..."Network Error"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you have a solution to fixing the login error? It kept saying "Loggin in the game, Please wait.." 30 sec later it said..."Network Error"

when you get the error what exactly do you see in your server screen?? ( a screenshot would be nice )

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
bob005 - Solutions to some problems - RaGEZONE Forums

Whats wrong?
OK i fixed everything now it just wont ping. Any ideas why not.

EDIT 4
When i ping the ip's from my computer i get
bob005 - Solutions to some problems - RaGEZONE Forums

Any chance you know whats wrong i followed this tut Guide To Making a Server - RaGEZONE - MMORPG server development forums
Please help i have everything else set up.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh, you have proplem by ip

you set ip :

ip sever ( not need change ) : 192.168.200.100
ip MSSQL : 192.168.200.x
ip VMWare ( VM1 or VM8 or VM you make ) : 192.168.200.y

Ex

Here, my ip ubutu server me is : 10.1.1.9

I will config

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeh i only have vm3 open though with the ip of 192.168.200.101. It just dosent ping at all but it pings from my computer to ubuntu :s

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You do not need a 32 bit system for JD, but if you are running 64 bit you must run the command,
Code:
apt-get install ia32-libs
to install libary support for 32 bit applications.

= problem solved and a faster system with 64 bit.

Reaction score
You do not need a 32 bit system for JD, but if you are running 64 bit you must run the command,
Code:
apt-get install ia32-libs
to install libary support for 32 bit applications.

= problem solved and a faster system with 64 bit.

yeah, this is true.. but I still prefer 32bit OS, less headache.. also you can use 32OS with 4GB+ of ram with PAE, I have my ubuntu 10 with 8GB Ram on 32bit :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
my client cannot detect my server n my client also dont have ping server..what was the problem here? pls help me to fix my problem..thank you..

Last edited:
Reaction score
my client cannot detect my server n my client also dont have ping server..what was that problem? pls help me to fix my problem..thank you..

wrong IP config, check again your network details in VMware, if you can't ping it.. obviously you did something wrong.

~Hunter~
Reaction score
my server all running BUT .. he he ye but
it no show me realm name if from select server login

but can login in ??? lol:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back