Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Solved] Translating the client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deny everything.
Reaction score
From the , of course.

I'm talking about the client that uses "gb" for it's PAK suffix (as in Global, although their site seems to swing between NA [North America] and Global when referring to their own service depending on what part of the page you read, since it's located in the US and still the old ntreev USA setup for Pangya US, I'll keep referring to it as such).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have upload the taiwan_client no pak files,but I have upacked the fonts files in it.

Reaction score
okay. i'll try.

我要下戴魔法飞球, 你要等。。。

EDIT:
If you have the China one, you can try that one.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Okay, I almost got it, how do you replace the font...?

Deny everything.
Reaction score
a22345875, I get the same result as in your screenshot. I've tried varying the encoding but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

After doing some digging the problem seems to be that the big5 encoding (note: I assume Taiwan is also using big5 encoding) uses 16 bits, while Thailand's codepage 874 apparently uses only 8 bits per character. Since big5 has a number of 8 bit ranges as well (namely the ASCII ones), those characters do work while the 16bit-long characters get split in the middle and interpreted as 2 8bit-long ones, resulting in the garbage you see.

Simply replacing the fonts and altering the thailand.dat won't be enough to get this one to work, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The bug you mention is caused by the fact that you probably use the TH desc.iff (which means using items ingame will crash you back to the desktop). It's caused by characters that cannot be displayed correctly.

If you clean up the desc.iff file or use the one from the US client you should be okay. I'm using Arial and Verdana from the US client and they work fine.

Ok, i've done that, everything was working fine until caddie leveled.
Everytime it started talking the game crashed...

I'm pretty sure that was 'cause of the font, cuz with the ugly one this didn't happen.

Are you using the 6kb arial one? Cuz this one also crashed when i opened the Options.

Ah well, if your is working fine, would you be able to share it? ><

Deny everything.
Reaction score
Ok, i've done that, everything was working fine until caddie leveled.
Everytime it started talking the game crashed...

I'm pretty sure that was 'cause of the font, cuz with the ugly one this didn't happen.

Are you using the 6kb arial one? Cuz this one also crashed when i opened the Options.

Ah well, if your is working fine, would you be able to share it? ><

If you don't do so already, get chreadie's English UI and make it work. It'll fix the caddie talk as well as your options problem.

Additionally (just to be on the safe side) also grab the combination of thailand.dat/korea.dat I've attached to this post.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
a22345875, I get the same result as in your screenshot. I've tried varying the encoding but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

After doing some digging the problem seems to be that the big5 encoding (note: I assume Taiwan is also using big5 encoding) uses 16 bits, while Thailand's codepage 874 apparently uses only 8 bits per character. Since big5 has a number of 8 bit ranges as well (namely the ASCII ones), those characters do work while the 16bit-long characters get split in the middle and interpreted as 2 8bit-long ones, resulting in the garbage you see.

Simply replacing the fonts and altering the thailand.dat won't be enough to get this one to work, I'm afraid.

I guess the ProjectG_th.exe Don't support big5 encoding

If anyone can unpack the ProjectG_taiwan.exe I think maybe will solve this problem

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nvm, copied all us caddie info and it worked.

Last edited:
Deny everything.
Reaction score
I can't comment on Winkle Pippin, all caddies that are available in the US version should work though (if the entries are present, that is).

The caddy talk is not part of the IFF files, please review your unpacked client.

It's possible you have to edit the caddie talk yourself to add missing entries; cross-reference the Thai caddie talk text file with the US one to get a grip on the things that might be missing. If you're not willing to spend the time to fix this, you can also edit ProjectG to use the original TH fonts or deactivate the caddies in question until you've fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back