Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Solving the massive PT lag in Win 7

Staff member
Reaction score
I found this "fix" while I was searching a solution for the GTA SA mouse bug on Windows 7, and I decided to try that on PT aswell, since I was only playing GTA because I couldnt play PT lol

It wont solve 100% the lag, but it will help a lot, at least, for me it did.

Well, all you need to do is change some configs in the executable properties, change it like that: ( its in PT-BR but the checkboxes locations is the same )

SheenBR - Solving the massive PT lag in Win 7 - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know it makes no sense, and I'm not arguing with your observation, but just so nobody gets completely the wrong idea, I have run PT on 5 -7 Windows 7 machines, mostly x64 with a couple of x86, and the following have always been the ideal compatibility settings for me, on them.
6erq5 - Solving the massive PT lag in Win 7 - RaGEZONE Forums

(ie. no change at all)​
Critically, for me, I must not disable Desktop Compositioning (that halves the frame rate) or enable execution as Administrator, because that bounces registry reads back to the HKLM in many clients, and that's privileged and the launcher can't get at it. XD

Now, having said that, I've heard several other people say PT lags like hell in Windows 7. I have no reason to doubt them other than my own, personal experience to the contrary.

I guess that some machines cause massive lag with PT in Windows 7. (or maybe it's just modern hardware that compatibility options can alleviate) So if you are suffering lag, I'd recommend trying the settings in the first post, and then maybe tweaking a bit here and there. I wouldn't take it as a global Panacea though. Especially if (like me) you get a reasonably steady 25 - 30 FPS without any options and and easy 60 - 63 by turning off the HUD.

Please let us know if these settings helped you, or if you found a tick box here or there which was even better. (for you)

Ofc, thanks Sheen. I will know where to point people when they are winging now. Previous to this post, I can't evidence it and just don't know what to suggest. In fact, I've installed XP on my present hardware and can assure you that PT is quite laggy in that, until I set the affinity to a single core. But doesn't lag in Win 7 without any tweakage at all. Of course, that is better than XP set to a single core as well. :/:

Oddness. PCs really are weird. :lol:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot one thing lol
I must say I am currently running PT from my notebook. Curious, in my desktop, also Win7 x64, I never had this problem. So I guess this is a major fix for notebook players XD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol but its only solve if you play with full mode

Back