• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Reaction score
I was planning on getting Street Fighter IV, but I only planned on getting one game, so I chose Star Ocean, being a BIG fan of the series. I'm glad they made it for the 360, as I will be getting it today. Anyone else planning on getting it? It really does seem like a great game, especially the tweaked battle system, adding in a few more features to the last. The best one I like is 4 player battles now! It was 3 in Star Ocean: TTEOT (Till the end of Time). Here's a trailer in case you haven't seen it:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
it looks awesome but I never played the previous ones, would I have to?

I need to rent this it looks amazing, the battle system seems a like to linear flex battle system, this may become my new top game to buy not Gears 2 anyways I will buy this in the future

Reaction score
it looks awesome but I never played the previous ones, would I have to?

I need to rent this it looks amazing, the battle system seems a like to linear flex battle system, this may become my new top game to buy not Gears 2 anyways I will buy this in the future

It's a prequel so you don't really have to know anything about Star Ocean to play. People who have played before will be better with the battle system I suppose.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
WHOAH i heard it has three discs :O!! is it true?

Reaction score
Game is about 50 hours on the 4 discs. I beat it in about 42. It's a really great game.

Aww, you looking here? <3
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Star Ocean series have always been good - I'd suspect this game will still hold true, and it does look good.

I'll definately get it when it comes out in the EU [it's out already everywhere else :( ]

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yeah same, omg fricken hollywood video didn't have it <_< would they even let you rent 4 disc games?

Reaction score
The voices are pretty cheesy, but the story and improved battle system are amazing. Better than Till the End of Time, tbh.

Fell In Love Without You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I bought it! Love it! But my only complain, is the saving system...I died fighting the first boss...and my last save was like an hour before...saving system sucks, everything else is fun!

Back