Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

State of Emulation

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I mostly played ISS and later NewZ when it became official.

I can't play it anymore due to hardware requirements since they made new updates.

What's the state of emulation groups or projects now?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
there are some servers online, i think fredaikis doesn't have the copyright in turkey and thailand so there are still some servers with players

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Fredaikis has the ability to take action against these servers if he wants to. However, it seems like he doesn't really care much anymore. His main focus is on his Anti-Cheat system, and he has also been working for DICE (EA) Mobile Anti-Cheat recently. From what I know is that only monkey lord SilentTerror takes down Videos and Streams from Youtube and Twitch.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Fredaikis has the ability to take action against these servers if he wants to. However, it seems like he doesn't really care much anymore. His main focus is on his Anti-Cheat system, and he has also been working for DICE (EA) Mobile Anti-Cheat recently. From what I know is that only monkey lord SilentTerror takes down Videos and Streams from Youtube and Twitch.
yes, he has good experience with it his anticheat kernel driver is good! if he gets a contract with other games I think he will never deal with warz/iss again, this will bring great financial returns

new animations based War Z?

Reaction score
As I understand Fridaikis destroys all existing pirate servers? Is that why they don't exist? I'm very nostalgic for the original WarZ and Infestation, with no fan-made changes. Are there such servers? I want the most authentic experience for nostalgia. Does it make sense to open such a server?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, in a way, Fredaikis made a smart decision as a private server owner. He used the profits generated from his server to reach out to the license holders and acquire a proper license. Since money holds significant importance to all of us as humans, he was able to obtain the license. However, things took a turn for the worse afterwards. The primary reason behind this downfall is that no private server is allowed to stream or upload videos on YouTube. This is due to the actions of Silentterror, an employee at Fredaikis' company, who seems to be a frustrated individual. He actively takes down every video in existence, ultimately destroying the entire scene.

Reaction score
Well, in a way, Fredaikis made a smart decision as a private server owner. He used the profits generated from his server to reach out to the license holders and acquire a proper license. Since money holds significant importance to all of us as humans, he was able to obtain the license. However, things took a turn for the worse afterwards. The primary reason behind this downfall is that no private server is allowed to stream or upload videos on YouTube. This is due to the actions of Silentterror, an employee at Fredaikis' company, who seems to be a frustrated individual. He actively takes down every video in existence, ultimately destroying the entire scene.
Eh. Give back my 2014( It's a pity that this is happening. The most annoying thing is that there is no alternative. The same NewZ or Infestation 2020 is not at all what I want to play. I want to play classic WarZ and Infestation

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As I understand Fridaikis destroys all existing pirate servers? Is that why they don't exist? I'm very nostalgic for the original WarZ and Infestation, with no fan-made changes. Are there such servers? I want the most authentic experience for nostalgia. Does it make sense to open such a server?
Ur can open only for TH :D

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
yeah basically that's what ikaruz said fredaikis just did what infestation should have done from the beginning!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
there are some servers online, i think fredaikis doesn't have the copyright in turkey and thailand so there are still some servers with players

Perhaps OP Productions is still behind the scenes and also gave out licenses to emulators from those countries? I see they are still listed as publishers while Fredaikis as developer. It's weird to see that they have developer credits not just on NewZ, but even on most OP published games.

I'm very nostalgic for the original WarZ and Infestation, with no fan-made changes. Are there such servers? I want the most authentic experience for nostalgia. Does it make sense to open such a server?

This is why I asked this question on this thread as currently there is also ISS on Steam aside from NewZ.

However, it seems like he doesn't really care much anymore. His main focus is on his Anti-Cheat system, and he has also been working for DICE (EA) Mobile Anti-Cheat recently. From what I know is that only monkey lord SilentTerror takes down Videos and Streams from Youtube and Twitch.

Steam has it around 200 users/day and declining each year, not sure with non-steam players since that is also available.

I do see now some videos if you search hardly enough.

I don't get the takedown actions though coz it's free publicity since they are after all on the legit side.

it looks like Escape from Tarkhov.

Last edited:
C

Cinx

you need a license and only sergey titov he likes the old gameplay mechanics, newz team they are not like that, they are more modern.

yes but he did it right and it's legal.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Somehow I posted a topic about Infestation Europe earlier and it got deleted.

There's Turkish subtitles on most parts of the site, so just honestly asking if this game is legit or another emulator.

Maybe a moderator can confirm since it has banner ads on this site.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
From what I know is that only monkey lord SilentTerror takes down Videos and Streams from Youtube and Twitch.

..and these 2 guys are company employees?

What's weird is how they take down Youtube videos when New Z related videos don't have a lot of views anymore compared to counterpart DayZ.

The Top 10 view count was about 6 years ago, about 100k views average and say around the time with the name switch and "New Management".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

So that also explains the infestation "turkey" europe running ads on this site.

Back