• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Still can't do it =(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey people,
I was wondering if any of you could please recommend me some other guide on how to setup a .
I have been trying to setup a server for a long time, and i've tried everything, really everything, but i still can't do it.
there are so many detailed guides on RageZone, and still i have .
I downloaded kPt, dPt, version 1871 server files, Management Studio Express
NetFramework 2.0 and SQL scripts etc.
for example: I downloaded kPt and clicked the PsUpdate(test) button, and then i've put dPt in that folder and installed that. but what do i do with the server files? do i just have to put them in a random map orso?
really guys, i know there are so many people on this site who run a private server, and i would really like to have one too.
i'm not planning on going public, just for myself.
i am ashamed of myself to say this, but i think i can only do this with a step-by-step guide, but i really mean step-by-step.
if there is anyone who could help me, please reply or mail to

mmorpgaccount@hotmail.com

Grincko

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
1. You should not have the serverfiles in the same folders as your gamefolder(kPT+DPT)
2. You should make sure that you've done your SQL Server right - Remember ~> In the part of xxxxx/SQLEXPRESS should be "Your copmuters name"/SQLEXPRESS. Read this guide written by SiK: http://forum.ragezone.com/f286/guide-any-files-server-setup-faq-troubleshooting-guide-245772/
Hope you find anything helpful.
3. I recomend you to make a folder in "My Documents" named "PTServer" ~ Put the serverfiles in the new created folder. If you dont have got any serverfiles, use this serverfiles, they are pretty stable:

4. If you've got any more probs. Please make another post here in, hope this info was a little helpful.
Enjoy.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thx guys for the quick response, i'll add u on msn scottie, and swezid: thx for the tips :D i'll keep them in mind.
every forum should have helpfull guys like you on it :D

Back