Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Suggestion] Additional syntax highlighting options.

Reaction score
Why do we only have PHP highlighting? I find many situation where I want to highlight code like Java, C#, or any other coding language for that matter, and I keep having to use PHP.

Yes, it's a small suggestion - but it will make a big difference, and not so hard to make.

What do you think?
Thanks, have a nice day.

Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score

This BBCode works fine for my vBulletin forum.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i agree, implement this now mental

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Why do we only have PHP highlighting? I find many situation where I want to highlight code like Java, C#, or any other coding language for that matter, and I keep having to use PHP.

Yes, it's a small suggestion - but it will make a big difference, and not so hard to make.

What do you think?
Thanks, have a nice day.
I like this suggestion. Even when the highlighting of PHP works on C# mostly, too. There are might so many more languages people use, and the code tag is no solution.

This BBCode works fine for my vBulletin forum.
The syntax highlighter is a good thing, but there are problems the mod creator could not get around: Every language got an own JS file for. The vb mod creator tried to resist loading all JS files on any page, so he decided to just load the specific file on the BB code itself. A user complained about this, because his/her forum had over 50 BB codes for one language in one page view, so it loaded the same JS file over 50 times into memory that causes loading lags.

We got the ability to view 100 posts in one page, so this mod can cause huge loading lags and will cause resource / traffic waste for sure. This mod needs a manual fix to avoid loading another same JS when having 2 BB codes of the same language in one page, just said.

I really love the syntax highlighter for this thing, but this mod was the only implementation I could find for it, sadly. The only useful alternative is a pastebin mod:
However, this binds any user to pastebin, which is not useful, the user have to open a new tab and save it on pastebin before posting. =/

Reaction score
The height of the pastebin field is bit small. Wish it was a bit higher. Maybe tweak the height a little bit?

Also about the highlighting; php is not the only language and more and more is being developed in other language like java and C#. highlighting makes it all easier to read and understand.

I support this suggestion!

Reaction score
The height of the pastebin field is bit small. Wish it was a bit higher. Maybe tweak the height a little bit?

Also about the highlighting; php is not the only language and more and more is being developed in other language like java and C#. highlighting makes it all easier to read and understand.

I support this suggestion!

Should be able to alter the size yourself, but with limits obv.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It isn't complicated to development those fields, but you can find plug-ins in existence which do it in your case.

________________________________________________________________________________________
|

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
that would be awesome

Back