Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TAG Analysis] When The Skies Burn Down

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
WHEN THE SKIES BURN
TAG BY WYK

Just some random tag. It's open. Anyone who wants it can use it. Didn't add any text or watermark. You can write your name. Not a problem.

SIGNATURE:
iNs@nE - [TAG Analysis] When The Skies Burn Down - RaGEZONE Forums

Hope you all like it.

ANALYSIS
iNs@nE - [TAG Analysis] When The Skies Burn Down - RaGEZONE Forums

Just wanted to write an analysis of the tag so if anyone is interested, then they'll know how it is done.

1. Take a plain white canvas coz your render is light in this case. Your focus is on the sun and you want a bright background. White does the job.
  2. Place the render. Align it with the scenario you have in your mind. What I wanted to create was a burst effect and the bird flying out towards the skies.
  3. Now you need to place your light source. I liked the area near the wing so that the right hand side of the render can be put under the shadows. So I placed a minor lens flare there which will act as my light source.
  4. Remember than when there is a light source, there will always be reflections. A reflector can be in any direction from the source but as the bird is heading into the sky, I set my reflector above the light source so I can reflect light off onto the bird.
  5. Now a shattered c4d was used to give the well .. shattered look under the bird. This is really your choice. Based on your final scenario, you can do what you want here.
  6. Now for a good background. I start dropping thick colors to onto the white spaces in the background. Remember to keep the light source in mind at all times. Make sure the colors closer to the light source are bright and farther from the light source are darker. Observe both the painted areas, you'll get an idea. I used my painted areas to depict sort of clouds at the top and a setting horizon at the bottom.
  7. Now we nearly have our entire signature. Now for the color scheme. This is really important. Make sure the colors always match your scenario's mood and feel. Make multiple color overlays and make sure every region has the color you want it to have. Do not feel lazy at this part and do not hesitate to work with the colors.
  8. Viola, you have your tag.

ESTIMATED TIME OF COMPLETION: 25 minutes.
If you're starting off, this might take a while to finish but you can do it faster if you have your scenario in mind already.
NOTE: The signature has a white background. It was made for a dark colored forum.

Regards,
- Wyk

Catz
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Tbh, it's not really good at all. It's beyond messy, confusing and lacks just about everything.

Not your best to tell you the truth.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm maybe. The render was pretty much ...hmm .. lets say hairy. :p
Both my current sig and quite a few others are a result of this procedure.

Back