Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Matrix Online server emulator?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey it's been quite a long time since jumping on this forum (surprised I remembered my password even)
I am still yet to find an actual MxO server emulator that has combat implemented. I know MxOEmu works for just running around the world but I am curious if there are any others out there that are more hashed out.
If there isn't, maybe we should get a team together to work on it. I miss that game, lots of good times were had.

Anyways, feels good to be back. Hoping people are still around on this forum. I used to be on here a lot when I was seriously like 12-13 years old haha
Hope everyone's been well

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, I already stated that I am aware MxOEmu has a server running but all you can do is run around.

Second, MxOEmu is not a team. The project is one guy named Rajkosto.

Third, MxOEmu is shared. Here is his Github for MxOEmu for making your own server WITHOUT combat:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,
i am from hardline dreams project ( ) - we also have a seperat project for this game but its also not combatable ;).

"Making combat" is a big task btw.

However as this is the request section - we would be glad if someone would drop fully working mxo server files or the official one ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,
i am from hardline dreams project ( ) - we also have a seperat project for this game but its also not combatable ;).

"Making combat" is a big task btw.

However as this is the request section - we would be glad if someone would drop fully working mxo server files or the official one ;)

Yeah I read that the packets for combat were not sniffed in time and therefore, combat is a huge shot in the dark. Basically from what I understand, you would basically need to fully rebuild combat from scratch rather than decrypting packets and writing the code from based on what the game was sending/receiving to the server when it was live.
And realistically, if you are writing the entire combat system from scratch, you might as well just make a new game rather than rez an old one. Correct me if I am wrong on any of this... My understanding of this stuff is very limited but I do understand the basics of making games using Unreal Engine. And I mean baaaaasics lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes and no :D
We have combat packet logs but you need to research and decipher a huge amount of the client to get data what you need like world stuff (objects and serialization).

Combat(TM) is just not "hey they fight cool" - its more like states, calulation of attributes, abilities, know which ability play which FX etc. - range combat btw. might be a bit easier as close combat (close combat has states we don't really fully understand for now).

We glad what we have for now hehe - its more as i thought we would ever get.

EDIT: if some of the original devs might read this and might have a copy of the code somewhere it might be cool to drop in somewhere on a hosting space or on github and share it :).
That would help a lot. (i know this chance is low - i tried to contact all possibility instances).

Back