• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

this may solve ACE_ASSERT for someone

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
sorry if miss section

/etc/cabal/data/data_world/*.scp

i found that TDP2.81(xmas) by chumpy some files has windows-format (CRLF) not unix-format(LF)

i don't know mush in linux but i think it may be ploblem

if you has error ACE_ASSERT you may try to check all etc\cabal\*.* to see it has unix-format.

you can change format by chumpy's utility or other editor that support unix-format (i don't know what tools can change many files at a time)

sorry bad english, i think it may solve your problem:p:

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is one in v2.81 i know is wrong which is /home/cabal/wancheck_daemon.sh. The cabal_dos2unix command helpfully only fixes the /etc/cabal folder. Typing "dos2unix /home/cabal/wancheck_daemon.sh" will fix that one though.

Text editors that can safely edit the server files are Crimson Editor, Notepad++ (both free) and WinSCP's built in editor. There are loads of others too.

Moving to guides section.

Back