• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Thoughts on Spec Ops: The Line [Spoilers inside]

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Now to be honest..I've played 1000's of games in my lifetime of being a gamer....and never have I once wanted to spend alot of time discussing what transpired during the game, let alone share my thoughts with the world....but...
Spoilers inside:
This game really had me at the end....I don't know if what I endured in this game is the same as everyone elses due to my "choices" though it, but I was really just wondering if anyone else found this game to be as much of a breath of fresh air as I did?

I have played all CoD's and BF's....never been much of a "space racer" so steered clear of Halo and Gears Of War...but when it comes to "realistic shooters" I have just about played them all....

But this one.....the moral beating you take playing this game is outstanding....
What did everyone else think of it?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
This game is really amazing but could be better if the decisions you make in some missions affected the end.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It does...they say there are multiple endings...even one for a completely pacifist player...

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Oh my bad. didn't knew that.. just read on wikipedia and yes there are four endings.. I only did one..and got 40 of the achievements.

Endings
There are four endings to The Line. Walker can either allow the Konrad projection to shoot him, rationalizing that it is an illusion, or shoot the projection with his pistol (an act of denial). Allowing Konrad to pull the trigger or shooting his own reflection will cause Walker in reality to commit suicide. His body is shown settled against Konrad's, while Konrad's original broadcast plays as the camera pans over the burning remnants of Dubai.
Shooting Konrad's reflection will end with 'Konrad' dying and telling Walker he can still return home. Walker then uses Konrad's radio to request an immediate, though futile, evacuation of Dubai. An epilogue after the credits roll shows a convoy of Army rescue Humvees locating Walker, who is sitting alone in the desert wearing Konrad’s uniform and brandishing a shotgun. The player is given the option to drop the weapon or fight. Attacking them will result in a difficult firefight. If Walker kills the entire patrol, he will radio U.S command and welcome them to Dubai over the now clear airwaves. Walker then heads back into the remains of Dubai as the camera pans to a wide shot of the ruined city.
Dying during the attack will cut to a shot of Walker lying in a pool of blood, remembering a conversation between himself and Konrad during the war, before the fighting in Kabul worsened. As his dying body is being watched by the patrol, Walker remembers casually remarking about returning home. Konrad had replied that there was no way men like them could.
If the player chooses not to fight, the patrol will evacuate with Walker. A soldier remarks that the unit has driven through the whole city looking for Walker, often coming across the results of the player's actions. When questioned how he survived, Walker replies; "Who said I did?"

Last edited:
Reaction score
This game banned in my Country T_T

i think am going to order it ~

because am from UAE-Dubai , in the game they shows up the city of Dubai and Khalifa Tower "longest tower in the world i think until now + they didn't take the permission to add it in the game so our government will not import this game to the country...

[Edit]
Trailer even blocked too x_x
but i view it by Proxy >.<

Here it is

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes..I would recommend this game to anyone....the choices and moral repercussions from the choices made are really what won me over with this game.

My choices made:

I killed the CIA agent before he got to the rappel rope.

When given the choice to shoot either the soldier or the civilian I chose to shoot the snipers....

When attacking at the gate I did my best not to mortar the civilians...but couldn't...so figured there was no way around it. First tried not to use the mortars at all...but there's no way down and the snipers on the rooftops spawn forever...

When given the choice in the mirror with Konrad I shot his reflection...

Epilogue I did both scenarios...first surrendered...then fought and won....didn't know about the dying one...dying's never an option with me in these games...at least not intentionally lol

That's crazy about them banning a game simply cause they didn't give permission to use aspects of a city in the game....especially since Germany (where the developmental company Yager is based) and the UAE have strong bilateral relations....

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Monolith

i don't know why they didn't just took the permission , maybe they tho UAE will reject the idea of "Destroyed Dubai" ? xD
am sure they will give them permission without any problems ~

Back