Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Thread / Post Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@everyone saying "if you have time to make this post, you have time to report them instead".
shenanigans. If you want people to actually use the report button then dont make us wait 60 seconds between reports. Im not going to spend 20 minutes reporting 20 threads.

inb4 "people will spam reports"
Allow more frequent reports for people in higher usergroups, infract anyone who abuses it beyond that.

Check your system before you tell people how to use it. Blindly saying poop like "just use the report button" to report multiple posts makes you look like an idiot. No one uses it because no one wants to wait to volunteer moderating assistance.

@Dell
Anything else?

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@everyone saying "if you have time to make this post, you have time to report them instead".
shenanigans. If you want people to actually use the report button then dont make us wait 60 seconds between reports. Im not going to spend 20 minutes reporting 20 threads.

Allow more frequent reports for people in higher usergroups, infract anyone who abuses it beyond that.

Check your system before you tell people how to use it. Blindly saying poop like "just use the report button" to report multiple posts makes you look like an idiot. No one uses it because no one wants to wait to volunteer moderating assistance.

@Dell
Anything else?

Stop picking apart the system like it does more evil than good and stop complaining over something so senseless as a wait time between reports. Your just grasping for a reason to complain about a few moderators who have been a bit busy and unable to properly moderate the section. Well guess what. DEAL WITH IT.

I said to report the threads or don't complain. Simple and clean. If you can't get that through your thick skull then don't bother making threads over and over again because I'll give you the same reply every single time.

If you can't be butt'd to do your own part don't complain about others not doing theirs.

You know how you report multiple threads with one report? Leave the message "MORE THAN THIS THREAD IS BREAKING THE RULES PLEASE LOOK." It's called using your brain Ron. Sitting here and complaining about threads not getting dealt with properly isn't helping the situation so I don't get what your trying to do.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

@Dell
Anything else?

The fact that you're reporting 20 threads/posts at a time is the reason why they have a timer.
Just like the post timer, giving the mods 20 things todo in 20 minutes is bearable.

Open up multiple tabs, wait the time between them.

Suck it up, and if others feel the same way they'll report it as well.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just like the post timer, giving the mods 20 things todo in 20 minutes is bearable.
Ehem. 20 posts per user, every 20 minuets... Rethink the math. :lol:

I'm not saying we have that many reports, or actions that need to be made. But I am saying we'd need a much higher moderator population percentage if everyone used the reporting system to that extent.

If everyone reports 1 post that offends them in 5, or even 10, all offensive posts will still get reported by someone... unless everyone reports 1 post and then flames the other 4 they read which offended them, causing 4 more posts which offend someone else... probably, several someones. :blink:

Do you see the problem here? Do you see why reportes are better... even with the post limit? I'm not saying it's perfect, and I'm prepared to acknowledge and sympathise with your frustration. But it is better than the alternatives. :wink:

Thank you for your support Ron, and the suggestion. Please keep reporting offensive content. We do appreciate it. :D:

P.S. If you think you can action 20 actionable posts in 20 minuets without offending anyone, I'm sure we'd all love to have you on the team. :thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ehem. 20 posts per user, every 20 minuets... Rethink the math. :lol:

I'm not saying we have that many reports, or actions that need to be made. But I am saying we'd need a much higher moderator population percentage if everyone used the reporting system to that extent.

If everyone reports 1 post that offends them in 5, or even 10, all offensive posts will still get reported by someone... unless everyone reports 1 post and then flames the other 4 they read which offended them, causing 4 more posts which offend someone else... probably, several someones. :blink:

Do you see the problem here? Do you see why reportes are better... even with the post limit? I'm not saying it's perfect, and I'm prepared to acknowledge and sympathise with your frustration. But it is better than the alternatives. :wink:

Thank you for your support Ron, and the suggestion. Please keep reporting offensive content. We do appreciate it. :D:

P.S. If you think you can action 20 actionable posts in 20 minuets without offending anyone, I'm sure we'd all love to have you on the team. :thumbup:

I moderate another forum, so i know the extend of actionable content, and i know how much work you guys must have xD

Edit:

To the report feature
It's 60 seconds between reports
doing 20 threads/posts would equal 20 mins right? :)
I gave you guys a decent amount of reports the other day in the GunZ section :)

Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
Stop picking apart the system like it does more evil than good and stop complaining over something so senseless as a wait time between reports. Your just grasping for a reason to complain about a few moderators who have been a bit busy and unable to properly moderate the section. Well guess what. DEAL WITH IT.

I said to report the threads or don't complain. Simple and clean. If you can't get that through your thick skull then don't bother making threads over and over again because I'll give you the same reply every single time.

If you can't be butt'd to do your own part don't complain about others not doing theirs.

You know how you report multiple threads with one report? Leave the message "MORE THAN THIS THREAD IS BREAKING THE RULES PLEASE LOOK." It's called using your brain Ron. Sitting here and complaining about threads not getting dealt with properly isn't helping the situation so I don't get what your trying to do.
So now you change your argument against what I'm saying. Nice.

If thread moderation in the ads was still required then these threads would not exist. The moderation queue getting backed up? Mods aren't doing their job. Its as simple as that.

What do you not understand about that?

By the way, most mods do not even read the warnings. Mods mods click the post link from their email or the link to the post which was reported, read it, then take action.

The vB report system is flawed to begin with. Last time I checked, its not my job to moderate for the mods. I'm just posting my concerns because I hate seeing a forum I spent my teen years on go to the shithole because of lazy moderators.

RZ was the best when sections actually had standards. No one uses RZ for any real development anymore, except for useless maplestory and habbo releases. MU is still hot and always will be simple because it started here, but there are even better development forums for MU now.

You can deny and twist my posts against me all you want. The fact is RZ isn't like it used to be because of lazy mods. RZ was the poop back in 04 to 07. Not like you know that, though.

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You know, I really respect Dell for bringing my late inactivity to everyone’s attention, as well as mine, because my priorities weren’t straight for the last 3-5 days, due to IRL situations (promotions at work), which is irrelevant now because I’m back in my grove.

Thread moderation isn’t necessary, and I can tell you that for the past 3-4 months I have been busting my balls in the Server Advertisement Section; reading every thread, clearing drama, flamewares, spam, etc. This requires me to read every thread in that section – which let me remind you is 1). The main ad section, 2). FlyFF, 3). Gunz, 4). Habbo, 5). Maplestory, 6). MU Online, and 7). WoW

Please do keep in mind that I am human, and I do make mistakes and occasionally skip over a few threads/posts, but if reminded by a simple report it will be resolved accordingly. I do take constructive criticism, and learn from mistakes and what not, but the constant bashing from you is what I’m starting to take personal.

Today I spent almost 3 hours cleaning the whole ads section, as well as some of the Habbo section, picking up some of my slack. I had planned this out initially from the get-go. I knew that if I wasn’t that active here throughout the week that there would be a shitload of posts to clean, and I mean a shitload. I know, and I get it. There was a bunch of posts to clean (hence why it took me almost 3 hours to clean), but it seems like my one SLIP is being made public. It was slight inactivity, which I have now over-come, can we please move on?

Reports made by users aren’t sent to our e-mails anymore, instead they’re investigated and closed via the report system we have in the Moderator Control Panel. I don’t believe it’s flawed at all. Anyways, in regards to your statement about warnings and infractions – the way moderators handle situations solely depends on that moderator/staff member dealing with the situation. You have those moderators who remove posts, infract immediately and post “stay on topic”, while you have other moderators who give the users a chance to learn from their mistakes, and simply remove the content and message them with a detailed explanation of what they’re doing/did wrong, while staying behind the scenes, staying out of direct drama/conflict with users.

Both ways work, and like I said it solely depends on the moderator at hand. Personally, my moderation style is that of the second one I explained.

I think the missing concept here is that we all have lives to attend on a daily basis, and this is in-fact a volunteer position, of which we do on our free time. The majority of the moderators on this team truly enjoy moderating, and spending our free time here, because it’s something we love to do. Now, with that being said, we moderate what we can when we can, and we occasionally make mistakes. This is where you (the user) come into play – reporting threads/posts when need-be to help us (the moderator) maintain section cleanliness. We aren’t machines.

We aren’t all lazy as moderators. It would be nice for a change, to see people actually appreciate our work, and give us compliments instead of constantly bashing us. I’ve moderated on this forum since late 2007, and I’ve been picked apart by NoPeace, and other supers from back in the day, and I’ve seen them pick apart other mods. I don’t think it’s appropriate for you to try to achieve this. You can give constructive criticism and suggestions appropriately, without complaining about how lazy we are as a whole.

Last edited:
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
The only reason those threads exist are because they were not dealt with as of yet. And that gives you a reason to say that Moderators are not doing their job?
When did it became in your own right to tell us we are not doing are job when you only see one side?

If it concerned you, as a former moderator you should what procedures should be taken.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
By the way, most mods do not even read the warnings. Mods mods click the post link from their email or the link to the post which was reported, read it, then take action.
This statement shows a massive lack of understanding about how our reporting system works. It is not possible for me to do as you suggest. Either I log in and moderate my section, or I don't see the reported posts and I get demoded. Simple as.

If you see someone setting fire to a building, do you:-
  • Call 911 and ask for a fire truck at your location
  • Stand there shouting abuse at the arsonist
  • Txt your mate who happens to be a fire fighter at 2am with no idea what shift he is working
  • Call 911 and hurl abuse at the fire station for allowing arsonists to exist in the world, without necessarily giving your location... :/:
Just a thought. :)

P.S. Option C hasn't come up in this thread, but I've seen people post links to "bad posts" on the wall of their favourite moderator... That works, sometimes, but it's really not the most effective solution. You know?

Reaction score
There are more than one person on a section at a time, and if they had scene and they saw posts that breach the rules, they can report it too. So it's not like you're the only one in that section, or whatever you go on.

The problem is that people don't use the report button too often, the problem is not the delay between reports, it's the users. :closedeyes:

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
So issue is:

If you want people to actually use the report button then dont make us wait 60 seconds between reports. Im not going to spend 20 minutes reporting 20 threads.

Mental replied:

the report button is a part of the generalised post. There is no way for me to reduce the report limit without downgrading the overall post time length.

So Sorry, it sounds like the length between posts for reporting a post can't be changed.

The rest of this thread seems pretty counter-productive. The advertisements section has already had some pretty major clean up since the last complaint. So lets please stop making these threads complaining about moderators as they turn into flame wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back