• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[TUT] How to make a very professional banner for your Habbo Retros!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey! I have seen MANY tutorials and services on creating banners for Habbo retros - so I thought I'd join the clan!

The first thing you're going to want to do is download a few things:

Gimp 2.8 <------ Editing software
Volter (Goldfish) <------ Font
Paint <------ Editing software (Automatically installed on Windows computers/laptops!)
Banner template <------ Size = 510x100 or smaller (Banner templates can be located on Google Images as my tastes may be different to yours!)

Step 1:
You will firstly want to open your Banner template in Gimp 2.8, by right clicking your Banner Template and clicking "Edit with GIMP".

Step 2: (probably the hardest step!)
Once your banner template is open, you will want to click the "Select" tool, which is located on the top left of the right toolbar. When you select that, you will need to select the bottom quarter of your banner with the brush tool, keeping the selected bit selected, and where it says "Opacity" you will need to make that "65.0". Then color in the selected bit with the color black, and the opacity 65%. This creates a translucent (semi-transparent) line in which you're going to put your writing.

Step 3:
After you have successfully made the translucent line at the bottom of your banner, you will want to save it. Gimp 2.8 will not let you save it as a .png, .gif, .jpg etc. So where you type the name of your banner, it will come up with an extension of .xcf. You will want to change the .xcf to .png. Press save and it will come up with an error: "The given filename cannot be used for saving". Located underneath it, it will say "Take me to the Expert dialog​". It will then allow you to save it as a .gif file!

Step 4:
Open the banner in paint and create some text, in the translucent line we created in earlier steps, using the Volter text that we have already downloaded. Note that ALT codes such as stars and love hearts also work with the Volter font!

Step 5:
Go to and pick a font which is suitable for a professional banner. Pick one and put your hotel name in. Save it on your Desktop and open it up in Gimp.

Step 6:
Once you've opened it in Gimp, select it all, copy and paste it to Paint. If you don't open it in Gimp, it will loose all its transparency and will form a black background and will cause chaos with creating your banner, so I recommend opening it in Gimp so it saves all the fuss.

Step 7:
Add any other content and resources to make it look better such as a slogan under the logo that we just pasted onto the banner. You can also add your avatar/pixel to the banner to make it personal to your specific character owning and founding the hotel that the banner is aimed at etc.

This is what your banner should look similar to: (it doesn't look that good as it only took me a couple of seconds)

cZgz0I2 - [TUT] How to make a very professional banner for your Habbo Retros! - RaGEZONE Forums

If you're having any trouble or wish for me to make you a banner you can contact me by either commenting on this thread or adding retro.ste on Skype!

See you later guys!
-Ste

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back