Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TuT]Setting up your Lightmap for GTK Radiant

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had alot of complaints and ofcourse myself had problems with it, here is what you do:

Download FSRAD:
This is the latest fix and Fsrad it self
thajj - [TuT]Setting up your Lightmap for GTK Radiant - RaGEZONE Forums

thajj - [TuT]Setting up your Lightmap for GTK Radiant - RaGEZONE Forums

Thats actually all you need to do if you need help or anything add me on msn : Jessejohnson737@msn.com

maybe ill extend the tut on how to make a lightmapped map but thats for later
Thank me if i helped!

thejj,

credits:
K3v1nn

Last edited:
Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you would read the Note on the Options you would know why problems occour o_O
The Resolution shouldnt be too low but also not to high.
And the BMP writing makes NO difference at all.
My Fast Light Compiles are almost as detailed as Light Compiles .__. ...

Might be because of those Options of yours, never had any problems with Lightmapping at all.
Well, i do have one problem that appears every now and then but i know because of what its happening so i can easily fix it.

Well w/e ... 2 Pic Tutorial, tahts the Shortest Tutorial ive ever seen.
And tbh the other settings also matter ;>

Reaction score
If you would read the Note on the Options you would know why problems occour o_O
The Resolution shouldnt be too low but also not to high.
And the BMP writing makes NO difference at all.
My Fast Light Compiles are almost as detailed as Light Compiles .__. ...

Might be because of those Options of yours, never had any problems with Lightmapping at all.
Well, i do have one problem that appears every now and then but i know because of what its happening so i can easily fix it.

Well w/e ... 2 Pic Tutorial, tahts the Shortest Tutorial ive ever seen.
And tbh the other settings also matter ;>

Why do i need a big tut if its not neccesary really, and sorry if i didnt know but i thought this could be easy for others

Reaction score
Well, i just say that you could have shown your other settings too because they are also important ;>

Okay well thanks for the tip ill add the settings later, do you know how to fix walls that dont light up (black walls)

btw why build light and wait 30 min instead of fast light and wait 20 seconds when its almost the Same.

Last edited:
Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay well thanks for the tip ill add the settings later, do you know how to fix walls that dont light up (black walls)

btw why build light and wait 30 min instead of fast light and wait 20 seconds when its almost the Same.
Light is way more Accurate,Smother and some other things.
About the first, pm me a screen of such a wall in radiant and a screen from that problem running in gunz.

Reaction score
Those credits are just for Some help he gave me with lightmapping im mapper for 2 years but i lightmap now since a few days because i didnt know why light never worked untill Kevin gave me THE right settings so then i thought alot of people would have THE Same problem so i posted it is that that bad ...

What year is this?
Reaction score
ofcourse you are new to mapping kevin, but you improving fast.

Reaction score
ill try to write a tut on adding textures i heared alot of people including myself adding textures it's really easy but still you need to know how else it can take days before you know :p

Back