Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Ripping 3D Objects from Kal Online

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ripping 3D Objects from Kal Online
By Adeno (aka Beseron/Adamas)

Greetings once again everyone! If you're like me who's interested in playing around with the various stuff that can be found in games such as Kal Online, then please continue reading.

In this little guide, you'll learn how to "rip" 3d objects from most 3d games with the help fo a little tool called 3D Ripper DX.

Before we begin, we have to prepare the things we need:

1. 3D Studio Max version 5 to 9 OR Maya modelling software.
2. 3D Game such as Kal Online.
3. And of course 3D Ripper DX which can be downloaded from:

Once you have all of these, then we're ready to begin!

Phase 1: The Beginning

Before we can happily rip out the 3D objects from a game like Kal, we have to properly set up our tools first.

1. Install 3D Ripper DX.
2. During the installation, you will be asked which plug-in you'd want to install. Choose the one you have, in my case, I've got 3DS Max version 9.

Adamas - [Tutorial] Ripping 3D Objects from Kal Online - RaGEZONE Forums

3. After installing 3D Ripper DX, go ahead and launch the program.
4. You will be presented with some choices. Go ahead and define the hotkey (from F1 to F12 keys) that you want to use in order to "capture" the 3D objects that have been loaded in the game.
5. After you define your hotkey, then click Start Global System Monitoring so that you'll be able to use it inside Kal Online.

Phase 2: Ripping 3D Objects

Now that we've set up our stuff properly, it's time to actually rip some 3D objects from the game! Let's use Kal Online as our example. For now, let us try to rip out some armor parts and a sword. Go think which armor parts you want and the sword as well.

We want to do this as easily as possible, so we're going to avoid crowded places. Remember, 3D Ripper DX works like a printscreen function, except that it takes in all the 3D objects currently loaded! The more 3D objects that have been loaded, the more computer resources it will need for us later on. This is why we need to think of a place where it won't be too crowded. Well there's one place in Kal Online where we can easily rip the 3D models of the armor and weapons:
The Character Selection Screen!

1. Go ahead and start Kal Online.
2. Make sure you're already wearing the armor and weapon that you want to rip.
3. You'll notice on the upper left corner of the screen, there's a notice that says "Ready to Capture".

4. Press the hotkey (in this case, F12) to rip the 3D models! Depending on how much 3D models you have currently loaded, as well as your computer's available resources, there will be a notice that tells you it's capturing the 3D objects on the screen. In this scene, this shouldn't take more than 3 seconds at all.
5. Exit the game.

Phase 3: Importing Ripped 3D Objects to 3DS Max

Since I don't have the Maya modelling program, I'm going to use 3DS Max for our example.

1. Open MyDocuments->3DReaperDX.
2. There are three folders inside called Frames, Shaders, and finally Textures. Open the Frames folder. Don't worry about the Shaders and Textures folders just yet.
3. Inside the Frames folder, you'll find a file with the extension of .3dr.
4. Open 3DS Max.
5. Drag the .3dr file (the one you found inside the Frames folder) into one of the viewports inside 3DS Max and then click OK at the 3DR Import Options.
6. After clicking OK, wait a bit and you'll notice there's a selection of objects inside! Move the mouse around a bit and then click to put them where you want to. Go look at the Perspective view port to have a clear idea where the models are.

7. Let's work on only one model for now and let's concentrate on my Knight "Beseron". Click the "Select Object" button near the top of the screen (it looks like your mouse arrow pointer!), click on the Front view port and then click and drag to select the two other models we don't want. Press the DELETE key and they'll be gone.

8. If you look at the Left view port and if you rotate the screen at the Perspective view point, you'll notice that our model is flat! To remedy this, click on the Left view port and using the "Select Object" button still, go and select the entire model.

9. Look near the top of the screen and find the button called "Select and Non-Uniform Scale". It is under letter "R" of Rendering. If your button reads "Select and Scale Uniformly" or "Select and "Squash", just click on the button and hold it down, then you can choose "Select and Non-Uniform Scale".

10. Go back to the Left view port and then you'll notice that there's a small red square with an X on it. Click on it, hold it down, and then drag to the right until the value of "X" at the bottom of your screen becomes 200.

11. You'll notice that your model looks normal now, good job!
12. You can try to render your scene and look at the product of hard work. If you get a "Missing External File" error that's looking for 00000000.dds, just click OK, it will still render just fine.

Continued on Next Post...

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: Ripping 3D Objects from Kal Online

Phase 4: Exporting 3D Models

Good job for making it this far! See it wasn't that hard! Now, we'll go through the final phase of exporting our little armor parts and weapon models. Let's try to export the helmet just for fun!

1. Go look at the Left view port or where you can best see the helmet.
2. Make sure you're using the "Select Object" button.
3. You'll notice that the helmet now is enclosed with white lines forming a box. This means the helmet has been selected!
4. If you want, you can move the helmet up by using the "Select and Move" button which is just right beside the scale button.
5. As long as you've selected the helmet, click File, then click Export Selected.
6. Go ahead and export the helmet to your favorite format!

Extra Phase: What if I Want to Export Gloves or Boots, They're Grouped As One!?

So you want to export the gloves or boots, but to your horror you find out they're grouped as one! If you export them, you won't be able to use them individually! Here's an easy solution to this problem. In this example, let's just try to export the boots for simplicity's sake.

1. Select the boots and make sure you move them far away from the other models (you can just simply delete the other models you don't need anyway just to clear up space).
2. Click on the Modify tab, you can see it just to the right of the Front view port.

3. Under the Selection section, you'll see 5 red shapes. Go click on the cube which is called Element.

4. Make sure you're still using the "Select Object" button and that you have activated the Element selection. Go ahead and click and drag over the right boot to select it. It should turn red.

5. Press the DELETE key, you'll notice that only the left boot remains.
6. Click File and then click Export Selected. Of course, we're now exporting the LEFT boot.
7. After you have exported the left boot, click Edit and then choose Undo Delete Face.
8. Now that the right boot is back, go ahead and select the left boot and delete it.
9. Export the right boot and we're done, congratulations!

Conclusion:

Playing around with 3D models is a lot of fun, especially for people who love (or used to love) a certain game like Kal Online. We can learn a lot from these 3D models, especially on how they were designed since we can now check them a lot closer and modify them ourselves. It is also possible to use them in our own fun designs and art!

I hope that this guide brings happiness to some of the people interested in developing for private Kal servers as well as those who just wish to play around with these models.

Have fun everyone, and with this I leave you with the fun stuff I've made so far using Kal armor parts and some of my own models for your viewing pleasure.

-------------------------------

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [Guide] Ripping 3D Objects from Kal Online

Dude.. i got one thing to say. AWSOME

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Well I haven't tried importing them back into Kal yet (I stopped making kal servers a long time ago lol) but maybe it is:eek:

I'm not sure but I think there's a tutorial somewhere around here about using Blender (a free 3D modelling program) to import weapon models back into the .gb format and it uses Python scripting. Maybe someone can just try doing the same for the armor models, just do a little modification on an armor part, maybe just remove the feathers of the g50 helmet lol:D Oh and also take into account that we had to increase the x value to 200 to make our model non-flat:eek: I think that will probably have something to do if you ever try importing the armor part back into a .gb file. I believe there's a tool available that can convert one 3D file format into Blender type, then from there you can try to import it back:eek:

Anyway, I hope things work out for the armor makers soon, good luck:D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thats old program ;)

Some games which use eg. gameguard disable that kinds of programs ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yeah... Cute :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hmm... When i drop the 3dr file in maya he sais unrecognized file...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Lool man i got one thing to say Awsome!!!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

lol didnt u find newer topic's to post in? -.-

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

lol nice and if you can't import them back into kal you can still use them as a good banner XD

I'm not here
Reaction score

hmm what about import gb files? oO
as far as i remember the srcipt is released :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Doesn't work. "blue screen" apear, and it is memmory problem >> finally computer is going to self-restart. (anyone know solution? some DX prob? or app in memmory is "fighting" with 3d Ripper "injections"?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awsome !!! it is amazing ............ and i hope someone can make a turorial for adding it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My game keeps closing after starting >_<

wtf now it even closed without having 3D Ripper on.

Trying to restart my pc now.

Game opens now, but only WITHOUT 3D Ripper...

Back