Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Two small problems

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello all

Just hope someone here can help me with a few small problems, I'm using xenow official pack on a lan.

The worst one at the moment is every time I send something in the mail, when they receive it they just get the mail with the message: Non Existing Character.
I have made 2 different accounts and the same thing happens if I put things on the ah, instead of the sellers name it says: Non Existing Character.
In both cases I'm not able to sell stuff on the ah or receive things in the mail

Next problem is the cool down on eating and drinking, this is currently set at 60 seconds, but on the official servers they are on a global cool down of one second, is there any way to change this setting?

Any help with the above two problems would be most appreciated.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont know a solution for you first problem, sorry.
but the cooldown on eating/drinking is also 60sec on the blizz servers. to set it to zero, just edit the items and set their category cooldown to 0.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for the info about editing the items to change the cooldown mate. Although I have just logged onto the official servers and the cooldown is in fact part of the global cd, and that is indeed 1 second not 60.

Can anyone help with the non existing character problem?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Your database needs updated, or replaced.
The mail and ah issues were fixed ages ago.

So, in turn:
check your mangos server folder, in it it should have an sql folder, the sql fixes and updates for the db are in there.

You might find the mail fix in sql in there, if so..
open up sqlyog and import it into mangos db.

Failing that, get a different db..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Many thanks ER, updated the db and it works fine now.

Back