• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Unable to Connect to Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry if i posted in wrong place. i'm new here and i wanted some advice on a few things to look into that might cause connection problems. When i try to log into my private server it says unable to connect. I have configured everything i can think of and i have hotuk configured and sql managment configured and obdc and reg file edited and place into windows registry and ptreg.rgx edited and sql.dll edited. it says router has no errors when server come up. What else am i missing guys. Maybe a good game and server files i don't know. i'm using fusionPt version 4096 server and game files i hope. it was in two parts to download and they are both in the same folder. The game exe and server exe. Hopefully i don't have a junk piled of files meaning nothing or some missing ones. Quite a few files there but who knows. I hope you can give me some clues anyhow.
Thank You,

Wildman:/:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,
Me,too.

Using "Endless Tower 3rd Floor : ALL IN ONE Pack".
Where of game.exe should be edited?
I can't find "127.0.0.1" & "192.168...." in game.exe.

Help me please!:?:

Sorry my bad English.
Thank you.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
fusionPT is quite old, and somewhat similar to an old version of SGPT (IINM) but that still makes it quite a good, solid release. The 3rd Floor AIO pack is an extension to an existing working setup and somewhat "bleeding edge".
gkirby - Unable to Connect to Server - RaGEZONE Forums
The above treeview illustrates what should be in your server folder, as a bare minimum. Files in Sepia toning may, or may not be replaced with more advanced counter-parts, but are the server admin tools that where originally "shared" with the first leaked server, and are usually left around as everyone is used to seeing them.

They aren't required for basic server operation, and aren't very reliable methods of administering, but are a common fall back.

"server4096.exe" was the original server executable, but yours will probably be called something different.

Game client, and it's files must not be installed in the same directory... however, as part of server installation you are told to copy a couple of folders from the client folder into the certain places in the server folders. Not doing so doesn't cause connection issues, but leaves the server and client "out of sync" and means you get no NPCs or Monsters in game.

Files found in the unexpanded folders are the major part where differences occur in different repacks. There may, or may not be "name" folders inside each of "Monsters", "NPCs" and "OpenItem" folders containing translations for the servers Korean names for each of those game objects. Otherwise, translation is probably in the main files... which is faster to load, but a pain if you want to re-translate.

The main reasons for failing to connect are
  • Wrong IP configured in the client.
    Each client configures it's connection IP in a different place.
    Many can use IPs from several of the possible locations, but will prioritise them differently if they are not all the same.​
  • Different port used in server & client.
    A client can only connect to a server which is configured (programmed) to listen on the port that that client is programmed to connect to.​
  • Bad SQL configuration.
    If the server cannot connect to it's user account database at all it will just ignore any connection attempts.
    It usually only uses ODBC if SQL.dll and Clan.dll are not present, or if your SQL.dll and Clan.dll are programmed to use ODBC connections like Vormavs' recent MySQL versions.
    If ODBC is not configured correctly and you have no SQL.dll and Clan.dll then this will happen.
    If you have SQL.dll and Clan.dll and they are not re-programmed (binary edited) correctly, this will also happen.​
  • Incorrect encoding protocol.
    Each packet sent by the server or client is "encoded" to make it's content less obvious to packet sniffers. The encoding methods / keys are different in each language version of the official PT servers and clients... most people use the KPT encoding, but some will use Brazilian, Chinese or Japanese. Changing this is not easy for a beginner.​

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
bobsobol
you are the man. i really needed this and you took the time to make a tree structure explaining what files i need to have inside the game server. Well a guy from usa thanks you bob, you are truley a legend on here.
Wildman:)

(Quote) from cookie0508

Where of game.exe should be edited?
I can't find "127.0.0.1" & "192.168...." in game.exe.

Help me please!

Sorry my bad English.
Thank you.

Well like bobsobol said there are many possibilities where the ip is at. Some are at the end of the game.exe inside the file, but you need a hex editor to re write that and save the entry. Some game.exe don't have an ip they use a sql.dll to load up game.exe. Also some ips are hidden in the sql.dll, hotuk.ini, Ptreg.rgx, just to tell you this and i went to edit a sql.dll that was loaded with ips and wrong paths for me that i had to change. If i am wrong about something here please correct it. Anyhow it may take you a while to get the server running so be patience and do a step at a time till you are confident that what you did is right and move on to the next thing. That is how i am approaching this so i do have some programming background that does help me some.
Hope that helps but i am having problems myself so good luck cookie0508.

Wildman :) p.s. if anyone have a good server and game repack that has all the files needed to run a pt and are not too bad to configure please post a link to where i can download them. Thank You Wildman (out):)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you,gkirby.

When Ptreg.rgx in my PT install Directry was edited, it was possible to connect it safely.|o|

Thank you so much!:):

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Many can use IPs from several of the possible locations, but will prioritise them differently if they are not all the same.
In a full Tutorial / Guide style post, I should probably elaborate on that.

The "Usual Suspects" are:-
  • The System Registry.
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Triglow Pictures\PristonTale"
    Note that on x64 OS this becomes "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Triglow Pictures\PristonTale" but also, that registry entries placed in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" can only be written to by a program which has been authenticated by UAC on Vista and Windows Seven, which most x64 OS are. It is the Launcher which usually writes these keys, and RegEdit or RegEdt32 will always ask for UAC confirmation on these OS, unless UAC is disabled.​
  • hotuk.ini
    These are usually the lowest priority, but commands:-
    Code:
    Eng	Kor
    *LOGIN_TESTER	*테스트전용인증
    *ODBC_TABLE_PLAY	*테이블허가열
    *ODBC_TABLE_PASSWORD	*테이블암호열
    *ODBC_TABLE_IDNAME	*테이블계정
    *ODBC_TABLE	*테이블이름
    *ODBC_PASSWORD	*인증접속암호
    *ODBC_ACCOUNT	*인증접속이름
    *ODBC_NAME	*인증접속서비스
    *CLAN_SERVER	*클랜서버정보
    *GAME_SERVER	*접속서버정보
    Are usually processed (unless client side "hotuk.ini" has been disabled) are usually looked for. Adding the servers IP to *GAME_SERVER can work to connect, if no other IP is found elsewhere.​
  • Image\ldata.bmp (often hard to read, that's "LDATA.BMP" not "1data.bmp" or "Idata.bmp")
    This file is a valid Windows Bitmap image, of a solid 8x8 pixel 24-bit bright yellow square, followed by configuration text. The bitmap image is:-
    Code:
    42 4D 38 90 2D 00 00 00 00 00 36 00 00 00 28 00
    00 00 08 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 01 00 18 00 00 00
    00 00 13 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF 00 FF FF 00 FF FF 00
    FF FF 00 FF FF 00 FF FF 00 FF FF 00 FF FF 00 FF
    FF 00 FF FF 00 FF FF 00 FF FF 00 FF FF 00 FF FF
    00 FF FF 00 FF FF 00 FF FF 00 FF FF 00 FF FF 00
    00 FF FF 00 FF FF
    If you write that out to a file "ldata.dat" you can make an "ldata.txt" file and edit in notepad the following code:-
    Code:
    *Graphic 0 
    *Network 1 
    *ColorBPP 32 
    *MotionBlur false 
    *CameraSight ON 
    *ScreenSize 1 
    *MicOption ON 
    *Sound Off 
    *CameraInvert true 
    *Server1 127.0.0.1
    *Server2 127.0.0.1
    *Server3 127.0.0.1
    *ServerName Alpha 
    *Version 3124 
    *TestVersion 0 
    *FullMode Off
    Then from the command line you can just
    Code:
    [color=blue]C:\blah\blah\>[/color]COPY ldata.dat /B + ldata.txt ldata.bmp
    Or you can edit the original ldata.bmp in your hex editor and some people manage to get away with using notepad on it directly... but those two methods run risks of corrupting the file. There are other ways of concatenating two files, the unix command "cat" works well, and if you google "file split join" there are many graphical tools that will do the job nicely.​
  • ptreg.rgx
    Has to be the easiest, and in newer clients the highest priority. You can create and edit it in notepad:-
    Code:
    "FullMode" "Off"
    "Version" "3124Ä"
    "Graphic" "4"
    "Network" "1"
    "ColorBPP" "32"
    "MotionBlur" "false"
    "CameraSight" "ON"
    "RainMode" "2"
    "Sound" "Off"
    "CameraInvert" "true"
    "MicOption" "OFF"
    "ServerName" "Alpha"
    "Server1" "127.0.0.1"
    "Server2" "127.0.0.1"
    "Server3" "127.0.0.1"
    "Account" "  "
  • Hex in the client.
    This option was added by QuantumFusion in his clients to allow him to keep the IP in the executable, so that people wouldn't steal his official (not developer release) clients for use in their servers, and allow other developers to do the same by encrypting their Executable, or the IP within it before giving it to players.
    His code replaces the System Registry look-up for "Server1" with a simple memory address which he stored 32 bytes from the end of the file. Other developers have done similar things, or expanded on QFs' original idea.
    This is not a standard for any of the official clients!​

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Unable to Log into game. it says unable to connect

fixed this problem

Last edited:
Back