Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Uncleanable Virus (Trojan) - Need other antivirus

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok so I've been running my computer for 3 months without antivirus and firewall (Licensed XP SP3) and I've had no real problems till yesterday when Start button wasn't working and in processed I had 10 processes named "exe.KCUF" (Assemble it backwards) so I installed a trial version of NOD32 because it's low-resource software and it says the following (At only few % of the scan, I will post another when I finish):

(I need something to cleanup my computer, Thanks) :grr:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Either avg in safe mode or avast run time scan always worked for me. Try em out.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You'll need one with a Rootkit cleaning, cause it seems ur MBR is infected.

So go install the avast free version.

Reaction score
Hello sir , firstable , you shouldn't of running your pc without antivirus specially if you use internet and you download a lot of things , even if your xp is licensed that doesn't mean a thing since your computer is affected now,
In the window of NOD saying treath found , simply click clean , i think it will delete the trojan normally;Goodluck

Reaction score
@Evilpower

I run my computer always without virus scanner (on xp,w7 and ubuntu(duh))

just don't download poop and you'll be alright,

if i really want to download something that i don't trust, i just open it on sandboxie trough my virtualbox, or on ubuntu.

on topic:

try malware anti bytes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Remove via safemode. Either that or just format.

Sent from my Epic 4G via Tapatalk

+1

You should at least run a scantime anti malware. I don't run any antivirus guard either. But I do have Malwarebytes on my machine that I do scan my machine from time to time to make sure i am clean. Also when you download miscellaneous files you can always right click -> scan with Malwarebytes.

If you decide to format and the infection worked its way into your MBR. I would just low level format. Burn the free version to a CD and boot from it. It will write your hard drive with 1 pass all 0's. Which means your hard drive will be completely empty like it came from the factory brand new. No chance of file recovery. Effective at stomping out any malware.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Malware Bytes/Avast in safe mode.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Either avg in safe mode or avast run time scan always worked for me. Try em out.

You should also preform a system restore to about a week before this happened. Get Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and (Anti-virus of choice), update + run them both.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Also to add you can try a live cd scanner. Such as . Boot your machine from the CD and run a scan over your boot sectors.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@OP: You should also change your password(s), specially if you use msn a lot.

Last edited:
Back