• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

v214 Server Setup

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,

Looking for anybody who would be willing to help me setup a server.

I have common knowledge as I used to setup a lot of servers in the older side of MapleStory - but since this is a new version a lot has changed.

Willing to give something in return if needed.

Hope this isn’t too much to ask for :)
Thank you

vanora#0001

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
You can follow the quick tutorial Bellocan posted in the v206 thread.
If you need something more in-depth you can join the swordie discord and follow the guide in the server-setup-guide channel or ask for help. While v214 isn't officially supported the setup is pretty straightforward/identical other than v214 using older dependencies.

Keep in mind the higher the version the more complex it becomes so if you don't have much experience you're better off starting with v176 and learning mdev using the KMST leak. If you already have experience i'd also recommend v206 over v214. v206 is full of bugs, has major stability issues, and some intentional changes you have to troubleshoot, but v214 is insanely incomplete - it's just a minor upgrade of the v206 soldie source with even more problems. There's also a public admin client for v206 so you can figure out the VMed parts

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can follow the quick tutorial Bellocan posted in the v206 thread.
If you need something more in-depth you can join the swordie discord and follow the guide in the server-setup-guide channel or ask for help. While v214 isn't officially supported the setup is pretty straightforward/identical other than v214 using older dependencies.

Keep in mind the higher the version the more complex it becomes so if you don't have much experience you're better off starting with v176 and learning mdev using the KMST leak. If you already have experience i'd also recommend v206 over v214. v206 is full of bugs, has major stability issues, and some intentional changes you have to troubleshoot, but v214 is insanely incomplete - it's just a minor upgrade of the v206 soldie source with even more problems. There's also a public admin client for v206 so you can figure out the VMed parts
Im running into issues of DB and such
Everything is pretty much set up but it wont start up.
Apexay - v214 Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

I checked everything like 60 times and the credentials are correct - just wont work

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im running into issues of DB and such
Everything is pretty much set up but it wont start up.
Apexay - v214 Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

I checked everything like 60 times and the credentials are correct - just wont work
This was happening to me and i had to install mysql 5.7 wouldnt work on 8 for me

Upvote 0
Back