• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

V83 damage reduce/build fix (Chain Lightning, Piercing arrow and etc)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello! this is my first post so i hope i can make this as best as i can.
This is gonna be a quick "fix" for skills that has the damage changed when attacking several mobs(Chain Lightning, Piercing arrow and etc)

This is a solution that i found that helped me.
I would like to know if it worked for you too and if there are any problems with it as well :?:
Btw i think this can work for other versions as well..

I am using castela.exe for this one.

Ok so these are the steps
1:Open v83 IDB in IDA or go streight to ollydbg if you already know the needed address
2:Once you opened IDA click on "Search Immediate" and enter the next value '2221006'
ZerosNL - V83 damage reduce/build fix (Chain Lightning, Piercing arrow and etc) - RaGEZONE Forums

3:Once found, click on F5 to decomplie (You should around address 0075BXXX if you are using v83)
ZerosNL - V83 damage reduce/build fix (Chain Lightning, Piercing arrow and etc) - RaGEZONE Forums

4:Your code should look something like this but it would look abit different between versions.

5:Locate where it finds the loop of changing damage for me its at line 42

6:Click with your mouse on line 46 where it calc the new damage and you should see the address below

7:Now the fun part starts, open ollydbg File -> Open and open your localhost

8:press CTRL + G and tner the address from IDA (75C004 in our case) and you should see
some thing like this

9:Double click in and jmp to the next adress in my case its 0075C006
so my method would be JMP SHORT 0075C006

this is what it should look like after the change (in red)

10:Right click in the middle -> Copy to executable -> All modification -> Copy all -> X and pick where you want to save it and you are done!

11:Go into the game and check it.

:eek:tt::eek:tt::eek:tt::eek:tt::eek:tt:
Have fun!

Back