• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[VB.NET] Native directory copying/moving?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've gotta copy a directory full of files on a USB stick to a directory on a computer using Visual Basic .NET, I've never needed to use Visual Basic hence I haven't properly used it. Does Visual Basic support a native way of copying a directory? I've tried a few things on Google such as
My.Computer.FileSystem.CopyDirectory
My.Computer.FileSystem.MoveDirectory
While I was googling I found the ability to use to copy a single file, if VB doesnt support natively copying a file the next best thing would be to get a count of all the files in the original directory and then copying them to the new one, right?

Oh and btw, i really like how well documented some of these functions are, esp MSDN.

Back