Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Very First Design

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So, starting this year I am going to University. I'm doing ICT classes and one of the subjects is Media Design. We got the assignment to design a website that promotes the subject Media Design and are allowed to use any color scheme, any structure and so on.

Now, I have sketched my design and made it in Photoshop, today I showed it to my teacher and got his (quick) opinion on it (which I will tell later after I hear your thoughts). To me, it still looks a tad wrong though. There just seems something that doesn't fit, I just cannot put my finger on it.

So, I'd like to hear your thoughts on how to improve my design (thoughts, not how-tos'). Remember that the site is supposed to be for high school students in their last year who are deciding which University they will go to. The target group is high school students and parents who are helping their children finding the best school to go to.

Any input is highly appreciated. Thank you :):

IMD site - Very First Design - RaGEZONE Forums

*The site is in dutch (while most text is Lorem Ipsum). Sorry for that
* The text in the dark blue circle in the top right corner is the slogan of the University
* Originally, my name and class were in the footer. I removed those for obvious reasons.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
I'd say its excellent for your first time but I just think its a tad dull.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very detailled, I'm also dutch so it's easy to examine everything :D
Well done mate, especially for your first time!
Keep it up, you've got talent!

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, feels great to read the positive replies.

Indeed, my teacher also said it looked to dull (his exact words were "too business like"). Do you guys have any points of improvement? I'd really like to bring the design 'more alive'.

Thanks

Reaction score
I'd say its excellent for your first time but I just think its a tad dull.

I also think it is a little dull, but at the same time I can't really think of the fix for making it not dull...

@OP - Though, very nice job with the website, especially since it's your first design! Grats!

Reaction score
It depends on what he you mean by liven it up. If you mean something like brighten it up colour wise then just use lighter colours, a light shade of blue generally looks good. If he didn't want it business-like then I wouldn't have the elliptical marquee in the corner.

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, I think I'm going to try changing a few colors. Thanks for your thoughts! If theres anyone else wanting to comment, please do.

Reaction score
I can see pixels around those circles, they ain't smooth and I sort of hate these kind of colours combination.

Overall, yes its pretty creative and quite wonderful done for your first tryout :)

Keep going

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm back with some color changes. And I need your opinions to decide which one looks best to you (or suggest another color =3).
Version 1:
IMD site - Very First Design - RaGEZONE Forums

Version 2:
IMD site_colorchange - Very First Design - RaGEZONE Forums

Version 3:
IMD site_colorchange1 - Very First Design - RaGEZONE Forums

I decided to keep the blue and only change the content background color. What do you think?

I'm working on a new design which is almost done. So stay tuned!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back